Jump to content

Photo

Reception


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jmiranda

jmiranda
  • Member
  • 697 posts

    Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

    Hi ladies

    I need some advice....My Fiance and I decided on getting married at Nuestra Senora Reina de la Paz church but havent difficulty on deciding what to do for the reception. We would like to either stay at the Riu Vallarta or Dreams with about 40-50 guests. Even though we are having a DW we would like to still have the whole traditional wedding stuff.

    Sorry so long!!!!!


    Jessica

    #2 Kat81

    Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

      Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

      Most of the resorts will have a reception for you. You need to go to their website and contact them. There is a lot of info on this site as well. I am getting married at Dreams with a traditional reception to follow. I guess I don't know what you are asking.

      #3 edna

      edna
      • Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

        Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by jmiranda
        Hi ladies

        I need some advice....My Fiance and I decided on getting married at Nuestra Senora Reina de la Paz church but havent difficulty on deciding what to do for the reception. We would like to either stay at the Riu Vallarta or Dreams with about 40-50 guests. Even though we are having a DW we would like to still have the whole traditional wedding stuff.

        Sorry so long!!!!!


        Jessica
        Jessica , just keep in mind that Nuestra Se±ora Reina de la Paz is on the Marina Area and Dreams is on the south part of PV about 25-30 min away and regarding RIU is on the Nuevo Vallarta Area which is about 20-25 min away too.

        If you are planning to stay at an all-inclusive have you checked the Velas Vallarta? is 3 min away from this Church. Their group manager told me there are packages for about 25 USD per person.. dont have the details but could work for you... if you need her email and phone , p lease PM.

        #4 jmiranda

        jmiranda
        • Member
        • 697 posts

          Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

          We would like to have the reception indoors.

          Is that possible at Dreams...what are you doing for the recption??

          Thanks

          Jessica

          #5 Kat81

          Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

            Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

            Yeah, you can have an indoor reception at Dreams. Just go to their website Dreams Resorts contact the wedding dept. They will be able to help you.

            #6 jmiranda

            jmiranda
            • Member
            • 697 posts

              Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by edna
              Jessica , just keep in mind that Nuestra Se±ora Reina de la Paz is on the Marina Area and Dreams is on the south part of PV about 25-30 min away and regarding RIU is on the Nuevo Vallarta Area which is about 20-25 min away too.

              If you are planning to stay at an all-inclusive have you checked the Velas Vallarta? is 3 min away from this Church. Their group manager told me there are packages for about 25 USD per person.. dont have the details but could work for you... if you need her email and phone , p lease PM.
              Edna,

              You have a really good point about the distance... I dont think I would like for my guests to travel that far.

              Velas Vallarta is really beautiful too Im just wondering if it would be too pricey


              Jessica

              #7 edna

              edna
              • Site Supporter
              • 1,360 posts

                Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jmiranda
                We would like to have the reception indoors.

                Is that possible at Dreams...what are you doing for the recption??

                Thanks

                Jessica
                Jessica, most of the hotels have indoor areas like restaurants or banquet salons for indoor receptions, during our site inspection to Velas we visited one of the salons because they offered a Mexican Fiesta... it was nicely decorated and the food was YUMMY!!! the tamarind margaritas were the best!

                #8 jmiranda

                jmiranda
                • Member
                • 697 posts

                  Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kat81
                  Yeah, you can have an indoor reception at Dreams. Just go to their website Dreams Resorts contact the wedding dept. They will be able to help you.
                  Thanks for the tip Kate...I will look into it.


                  Jessica

                  #9 jmiranda

                  jmiranda
                  • Member
                  • 697 posts

                    Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by edna
                    Jessica, most of the hotels have indoor areas like restaurants or banquet salons for indoor receptions, during our site inspection to Velas we visited one of the salons because they offered a Mexican Fiesta... it was nicely decorated and the food was YUMMY!!! the tamarind margaritas were the best!
                    I bet it was yummy...we want to do traditional mexican food. You think if I contact them that they will send me pictures of the indoor receptions??

                    Mostly all the pictures that I have seen are all outdoor receptions.

                    Jessica

                    #10 edna

                    edna
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 1,360 posts

                      Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jmiranda
                      Edna,

                      You have a really good point about the distance... I dont think I would like for my guests to travel that far.

                      Velas Vallarta is really beautiful too Im just wondering if it would be too pricey


                      Jessica
                      It will depend on the season but I got very decent rates from them for our guests from them. I think prices are little less than Dreams




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users