Photo

Beach Reception - Dancefloor?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 northernflasher

northernflasher
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

For me its gotta be barefoot in the sand, I've got the rest of my life to dance on a floor!
    Michelle X

PLANNING THREAD:http://bestdestinati....-thread-58694/DREAMS TULUM REVIEW: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-59147/EXCURSIONS AND SIGHTSEEING REVIEW IN RIVIERA MAYA: MARCH 2010:http://bestdestinati...com/fo...ra-...

#12 KarenM

KarenM
    • 1,920 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

Jess, I think it totally depends on who all you have coming & how you & FI feel about it. Michelle's right in that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity - you're having your wedding on the beach!! How great is that?!?
      But having said that if you have ppl coming, maybe grandparents or someone unsteady on their feet or with a physical limitation, that maybe would be able to get up & dance a bit on a dance floor but not on the soft sand then maybe take that into consideration.
      I don't think you can go wrong either way, just go with your gut.

#13 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

thanks! my gut says dance floor but my pocket says noooo. We don't have a lot of older people coming so I'm not sure...I'm just worried no one will dance if it is no fun on the sand

#14 ashnic2005

ashnic2005
        • 274 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

Hard question. It is not going to be easy dancing in the sand .,
          Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!

#15 NyBeachBride

NyBeachBride
          • 295 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

i was there and me and my FI actually tried for 5 minutes to dance a lil on the sand and it was fine....actually more confortable then dancing on hard floor with heels. its a more relaxed feeling on ur feet. and walking and dancing is diffferent because when u walk you are doing it continuous, and most of the time when u dance it is in the same spot....for spanish dancing it may be hard to spin but i think overall its fine...the dancefloor takes away from the whole beach thing, i decided no dance floor...my grandma will take it easy either way im sure...and i guess if anyone falls it wont hurt right lol
            "

#16 crazyldy

crazyldy
            • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

I remember when I was younger and went partying in Mexico we had no dance floor and dancing in the sand was just fun.... but lots of drinking was involved.

#17 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

so we ended up splurging on the dance floor...I'll let you know if it was worth it.

I'm feeling more positive about it because I went to a wedding this weekend with no dance floor that was on the grass and it was not much fun dancing on the grass which means it would probably be worse on the sand...totally personal opinion though

#18 crazyldy

crazyldy
                • 174 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

Do you have to decide on the dance floor before you go?

#19 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

it depends on your resort I assume...for mine you do

#20 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

Jess, it sounds like you guys made the right choice and hopefully you'll be sooo glad that you went w/ the dance floor that it'll be worth the extra $!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users