plumsugar

Beach Reception - Dancefloor?

Jess, I think it totally depends on who all you have coming & how you & FI feel about it. Michelle's right in that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity - you're having your wedding on the beach!! How great is that?!?

But having said that if you have ppl coming, maybe grandparents or someone unsteady on their feet or with a physical limitation, that maybe would be able to get up & dance a bit on a dance floor but not on the soft sand then maybe take that into consideration.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, just go with your gut.

thanks! my gut says dance floor but my pocket says noooo. We don't have a lot of older people coming so I'm not sure...I'm just worried no one will dance if it is no fun on the sand

i was there and me and my FI actually tried for 5 minutes to dance a lil on the sand and it was fine....actually more confortable then dancing on hard floor with heels. its a more relaxed feeling on ur feet. and walking and dancing is diffferent because when u walk you are doing it continuous, and most of the time when u dance it is in the same spot....for spanish dancing it may be hard to spin but i think overall its fine...the dancefloor takes away from the whole beach thing, i decided no dance floor...my grandma will take it easy either way im sure...and i guess if anyone falls it wont hurt right lol

I remember when I was younger and went partying in Mexico we had no dance floor and dancing in the sand was just fun.... but lots of drinking was involved.

so we ended up splurging on the dance floor...I'll let you know if it was worth it.

I'm feeling more positive about it because I went to a wedding this weekend with no dance floor that was on the grass and it was not much fun dancing on the grass which means it would probably be worse on the sand...totally personal opinion though

Jess, it sounds like you guys made the right choice and hopefully you'll be sooo glad that you went w/ the dance floor that it'll be worth the extra $!