• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 crawford2B

• 244 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

Of course we leave in 5 days for ROR and I have STREP!!! I went to the Dr. today ans asked for every kind of meds. to get rid of it. Any one have any good home remidies (spelling?) that would help? I will do anything!!!

#2 DLyteful

• 879 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

Girl I am so sorry! I have no advice for ya... maybe the meds the Doc gave you and rest until you go. Help your body heal/fight off the infection it's self..... I'm wishing/praying for fast healing for you.

#3 h&a

• 321 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

I'm so sorry!!! I've had strep quite a few times and it's not fun... but antibiotics will definitely help to clear it up quickly. W/in a few days on antibiotics you should be feeling a lot better. Just make sure you take them regularly and finish off the prescription even once you start to feel better (and know that antibiotics interferes w/ the effectiveness of the pill as was mentioned in a prior post). Try and get good rest the next few days and I hope you feel better!!!

#4 LisaW

• 113 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

Oh that stinks, i am soo sorry to hear that! But at least it is strep, that's good news as it's easily & quickly fixable. Once you are on the antibiotic you get better immeidately. I had strep last year and for me, on day 2 of the anitbiotic I was back to myself.

Feel better!!!

#5 crawford2B

• 244 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

Thank you all SOOO much!! They gave me a shot of antibiotics today and my FI just went to pick up the rest. Thank you so much for all of your concerns!!

#6 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:54 PM

Just get alot of rest and I'm sure you'll be better before you go.

#7 becks

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:02 PM

Get lots of rest. And if your throat bothers you (I assume it's strep throat), get a warm mist humidifier or spend lots of time in the shower with the bathroom door closed. The moisture will help - and might keep your voice from getting raw - we don't want ANYTHING interfering with your ability to say your vows!!!

And get some rest!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#8 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

I'm sorry! Get lots of rest and be sure to finish all your meds (even once you start feeling better)! Hope you feel better soon. :)

#9 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Can you get a steroid shot? I've gotten them before from my doctor and they are amazing, you start getting better right away. In fact my doctor calls it the "Tequila shot".

#10 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

if you are also blowing your nose a lot too, check if your pharmacy sells the puffs with vicks vaporub in them. it works wonders!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users