• 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura
davinci bridal, its style number 9203.
love it, what size is it?

i adore the longer one you chose instead, that is gonna look so beautiful on you, it's perfect for the church part. so so pretty!

#132 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

That dress is so beatuiful! I still need to get an AHR dress. i liked one at davids but not sure yet! I feel like i have given up on the preperations stuff! I just want the wedding to come already!

#133 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougsGirl
    love it, what size is it?

i adore the longer one you chose instead, that is gonna look so beautiful on you, it's perfect for the church part. so so pretty!
    i am a street size 8 and the davinci bridal dress is a bridal 14, but i needed it altered down. the 12 was slightly tight in the hips so she ordered it one size up for me just in case i wasnt able to lose enough weight.

i like the longer one too, i think its "younger" looking and more "me" if ya KWIM. just gotta figure out how to keep my boobies in it though! haha. i ordered the jcrew dress in a 12, only because jcrew stuff seems to run a little small and typically when i buy pants there, they have to be a 10. i ordered a dress there awhile back that was an 8 and it was too tight for my comfort, so i figure by ordering a 12 ill be safe and will need to have it altered for length anyway since im 5'2". the problem for me is that i would order the petite since those are for people under 5'4", but the hips would be too tight because i have stupid wide hips.

#134 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
    the problem for me is that i would order the petite since those are for people under 5'4", but the hips would be too tight because i have stupid wide hips.
    i freakin hate this! i'm short too (5'3") and i firmly believe that just because you need a shorter, more proportionate length, it does NOT mean you are a tiny person all over. so freaking frustrating! i am constantly having to hem things. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#135 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
    i freakin hate this! i'm short too (5'3") and i firmly believe that just because you need a shorter, more proportionate length, it does NOT mean you are a tiny person all over. so freaking frustrating! i am constantly having to hem things. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    oh i know. i have to have EVERYTHING hemmed, even my freakin jeans. i automatically tack $15 on the price of everything i buy that would require alterations, and if i think $15 extra isnt worth it, i dont buy whatever it is.

#136 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

i just do it myself. i've gotten quite handy at hemming pants!

#137 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
    i just do it myself. i've gotten quite handy at hemming pants!
    too bad you dont live closer to teach me how to do it. i've been contemplating buying a sewing machine recently, but i have no time really to learn how to do it, and nobody to teach me.

#138 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

Quote:
    too bad you dont live closer to teach me how to do it. i've been contemplating buying a sewing machine recently, but i have no time really to learn how to do it, and nobody to teach me.
    i totally would teach you my tricks is it really $15 a pair? do you go to the little dry-cleaning shops or to a seamstress?

#139 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
    i totally would teach you my tricks is it really $15 a pair? do you go to the little dry-cleaning shops or to a seamstress?
    $10-15 depending on what it is. i generally go to a dry cleaner because i dont know any seamstresses that are close by where i live.

#140 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

it's probably cheaper at a dry cleaner anyways :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users