Quick RIU Airport Transfer Question...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kishalee

• Site Supporter
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:41 PM

My soon to be mother-in-law is freaking me and everyone out. She is now undermining my travel agent AGAIN. Can anyone please tell me if it's true that the RIU only picks people up at the airport if you fly in/out on a Monday or Saturday??

I know that is probably not accurate, but can anybody confirm or deny?

#2 geology_rocks

• 215 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

RIU actually doesn't have airport transfers at all. They can recommend a shuttle company but that's it. We're booked with Lees Tours. If you have a group of 10-20, it's $18/person from the Montego Bay airport to Riu in Ocho Rios.

#3 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

If you are flying AirJamaica your transfer is included thru them.
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#4 Kishalee

• Site Supporter
        • 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thanks!! That is actually really helpful. She is making me NUTS!! I don't know what it is she has against my travel agent, but I am sick of her giving the wrong information out.

#5 starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

We arrived on a Tuesday and our transfer was set up through our TA. I don't think the RIU has their own shuttle service, at least all the shuttles I saw coming/going didn't say RIU. Sorry FMIL is bugging out!

#6 jmhein

• 665 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

I have NO idea where your FMIL is getting her info from, but the transfers are usually provided by your tour operator or the package you booked. If transfers arent included in your package you'll have to arrange for your own... hope that helps!
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users