• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

Ana, I voted for El Dorado simply because I've heard such great things about if on this forum. I know nothing about the other two resorts, although the pics look beautiful. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these...

#12 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

I chose El Dorado too! I've heard fabulous things about EDR and that is where I chose for my honeymoon! Steve loved the idea of the casitas with the lazy river right outside our room, these rooms are a little higher than what I budgeted, but our airfare ended up being lower than the budget, so I guess its a wash!

#13 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

hi ana,

here are my approx. rates (7/8-7/15). they are a little lower. they include taxes.

The Royal (Royal Porto Real) : $2786
      Playacar Palace: $2597 (but for $2758 you can get the honeymoon suite)
      Excellence: $2730 (this is a great honeymoon choice $3100 for oceanview)
      EDR: $2500 for oceanview jacuzzi

these rates based on availibity and exact dates.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#14 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:59 PM

See, this is why I tell everyone to use Tammy! She always gets the best rates and is so helpful!!

-Glenda

#15 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

Tammy I just talked to my FI and showed him the hotels photos.. he says he preffers to be in playa del carmen.. so unfortunately I have to take out el dorado and excellence..

what do you think is a better choice? the royal or playacar palace??

#16 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

i like them both alot but prefer the royal a smidge more...i can't explain it but honestly i would be happy in either.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#17 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

it's tough!!!!!!!

Is it possible to book 6 days instead of 7 in both?

#18 REBECCA

REBECCA
            • VIP Member
            • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

Royal Porto Royal! That is where me and my hubby honeymooned! We paid $2500 for 6 nights all inclusive for an Ocean Front room. The food was impecable! Unbelieveable! We were blown away. Even the buffet for dinner was amazing! The hotel was was walking distance to 5th Avenue (bars, restaurants, live music, the ferry to Cozumel) but also beach front. Top shelf alcohol gorgeous grounds, Beach beds, activities! You could eat at all of the restaurants in the sister property across the street. The spa was amazing too!

My husband and I wanted to honeymoon somewhere where we could do things. We didn't want a really quiet sleepy place. So if that is what you are looking for, this place is not for you. It is a big resort, but is is adult only now, so there aren't screaming kids running around or anything. Just a lot of couples from all over the world. It was a great time. Here are some pics! (PS, the first slide (the one that says Honeymooners on the door) is from Dreams in Cabo. That was on the door when we woke up the morning after our wedding. The rest of the pic's are from The Royal Porto Real...

Kodakgallery.com*Slideshow
              Rebecca
              <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
              Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#19 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:28 PM

Wow Rebecca! Those are so cool- did you post those somewhere else or have you been holding out on us?

#20 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:28 PM

Thanx for your pics rebecca!!!! and we definetly want a place where we can do stuff.. other than what we have to do hehehehe, that's why my FI really wants playa del carmen.. and I love that the resort is adult only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users