Alternatives to Bouquet/Garter Toss

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 vale

• 437 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:12 AM

My boyfriends sister just went into one of the bars, asked the man sitting playing the keyboard (he had a microphone) to see if there were any single people about and she just threw hers to them (and me of course). Someone she didn't know got it but was really really pleased so you could try this if you can't think of anything else.

#22 vale

• 437 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

I don't think I will be doing the bouquet toss, we will just keep the flowers in our room as we get there on the monday and married on the thursday so still have about week and half there, so we can enjoy the flowers (that was my 7 year old's idea as she will be in the same room as us and likes 'pretty' things around her)

#23 unikphoto

• Vendor
      • 87 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:51 PM

My brother and his bride got on top of a small podium and had a special dance, though there were plenty of singles, they avoided the garter thing and the bouquet, they kept both. They just skipped those and no complaints were heard. No biggie

#24 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

I HATE the idea of a bouquet toss and I don't want my FI-FI reaching up my dress! How embarassing is that I really like the presenting of the bouquet to the MOB - I just hope my mom doesn't start balling (I know she will).

I am definitely having a pinata. I usually have them at my birthday parties so we are planning to have kareoke and a pinata at the rehearsal dinner. I hope everyone likes it.

I have to say the FI acronym is so funny to me becuase I call Dean my Fi-Fi (FEE-FEE) to my friends.

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#25 blkladylaw

• 149 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

I'm not doing this either. The last two weddings I went to they had to drag people onto the floor to try and catch the darn things and then it just landed on the floor and no one was going for them until someone finally just picked it up to not spoil it for the couple. I have to say as a single woman I have never wanted to participate in this and I will spare my 30 & 40 something friends who are already painfully aware of their single status with clock ticking loudly from going through this. From feedback, they are all grateful. I plan to probably give my bouquet to my Grandma at the wedding....or I may split it in two and give half to his Grandma also. And no garter.
            Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
            Our first baby (a...

#26 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:32 AM

We aren't doing it either. There aren't many of us there and they are all married anyway, not to mention the fact that knowing my luck i'll throw it and the FMIL will catch it !!! and is getting bollox all from me lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users