Sign in to follow this  
jmhein

My Riu Ocho Rios wedding - Feb 12 08

Congratulations. The pictures are fantastic, you look stunning. Your review has put my mind at rest knowing you wouldn't change anything and that the hotel was nice.It has given me some idea of what it is like. I was panicing. Thankyou.

THANK YOU for posting this! I have been debating between Beaches and RIU for a long time now, and I think I just made up my mind! Your pictures are absolutely amazing!!! You look so beautiful and HAPPY!

I would like to ask, if you don't mind, about some costs. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, or you could PM me instead, but I am trying to keep costs down since my FI and I are teachers and paying for this ourselves! Here are my cost questions: How much did it cost for:

Michael for two hours: (did he include prints, digital negatives, albumhuh.gif)

Video for ceremony:

Reception dinner:

Disco rental:

Decorations: (flowers, aisle runner...etc)

Hair and makeup:

Any info you could give me would help so much! THANK YOU!

Toni

Thanks ladies, it's neat to see my wedding thread be revived every once in a while! My wedding was almost a year ago now, time sure flies!

T and D I hope you got the info on costs from one of the other brides on here. I know there should be a pricing thread somewhere. I would have to dig out the pricing, and I still can if you want me too, but I would be concerned mine would be old pricing, they may have made some changes in the past year.

We have just booked a flight to Jamaica to go back in March for a belated anniversary trip! I am very excited! We loved the ROR but we might try the Riu Tropical Bay this time! YAY!!!

NYCChik - we used the resort's florist, I made all arrangements through Chandlyn, the wedding coordinator. I picked those decorations out of a catalogue she showed me when we got to the resort. I told her I wanted the teal/turquoise color accent and the color they picked worked perfectly. I did pay extra for those decorations, but I just loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
I believe the dj's name was Prince, and he did act as an MC as well... he announced our first dance, father/daughter mother/son dance, etc. I just did up a little list for him with our choice of songs (We gave him a CD we had burnt with our songs we wanted to hear at first) and he announced everything and was great! I was very happy with him and gave him a $40 tip, (I think, it may have been more, I was heavily into the rum runners by the time I tipped him, hee hee!)
Sorry to swing the topic back to the dj, but did you have to pay a deposit ahead of time? I've secured DJ Prince with Chandlyn, but she hasnt said anything about a deposit amount to ensure he's there.

Hi JM

If you don't mind passing on the benefit of your experience at the Riu:

1. Did you originally book a junior suite & they upgraded to the jacuzzi suite when you arrived?

2. If you have any tips for myself & any future brides to maybe say the right thing when we arrive?? I was going to bring my Riu Class reward card, heard it is useful?

Thanks a million for any advice you can give, congrats again!!

Sarah x smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinzers View Post
Sorry to swing the topic back to the dj, but did you have to pay a deposit ahead of time? I've secured DJ Prince with Chandlyn, but she hasnt said anything about a deposit amount to ensure he's there.
Hi Dinzers, this is a little fuzzy in my memory... I do think I had to give Chandlyn the DJ fee in cash and she then gave it to him?? But this happened once we were there, I definitely didnt have to send a deposit ahead of time. Hope that helps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.cullen View Post
Hi JM

If you don't mind passing on the benefit of your experience at the Riu:

1. Did you originally book a junior suite & they upgraded to the jacuzzi suite when you arrived?

2. If you have any tips for myself & any future brides to maybe say the right thing when we arrive?? I was going to bring my Riu Class reward card, heard it is useful?

Thanks a million for any advice you can give, congrats again!!

Sarah x smile03.gif
Hi Sarah,
Yes, we did book a junior suite and were so lucky to just have been upgraded to the jacuzzi suite. I did sign up online for a Riu Class Reward card, I am not sure if that helped, but it certainly wouldn't hurt! One thing I did do was, about a week before we left, I sent the resort a nicely worded email saying we were very excited about our trip and upcoming wedding and our 40 guests were excited too. I said we would "truly appreciate an upgrade to a suite if it was at all possible." THAT might have helped... wink.gif