Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1541 MissyR

MissyR
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

We did the group rate through Air canada vacations. 10 ppl booked with a deposit confirmed the rate which was good until about 6 weeks before teh wedding.

#1542 SMB&CRZ

SMB&CRZ
    • 165 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

So Missy, for the rest of your group, they had to pay a different rate, based on what was available? Did the rates end up being similiar, or was their a big difference. The group rate is so far quite a bit less expensive ($1726 taxes in, compared to $1735 plus taxes).

#1543 FutureMrsC

FutureMrsC
      • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

Thank you for Miguel's email address Lauren. I was trying to find it, but it was deleted from the email that I was sent yesterday from my TA.

I think we'll be OK too. When do you guys arrive and depart from the PRC?

#1544 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
        • 391 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

we arrive july 18th and depart the 27th

#1545 FutureMrsC

FutureMrsC
          • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

We're there almost the same time. Arriving the 22nd and leaving the 29th.

#1546 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
            • 391 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:21 PM

Future Mrs C- I will see y then for sure!!

#1547 MissyR

MissyR
              • 1,210 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SMB&CRZ
                So Missy, for the rest of your group, they had to pay a different rate, based on what was available? Did the rates end up being similiar, or was their a big difference. The group rate is so far quite a bit less expensive ($1726 taxes in, compared to $1735 plus taxes).
                The group rate was the same for every guest (including us!). The way most bulk rates work is that to "secure" the group rate you need to have a minimum of 10 ppl book. We had our parents, grandparents and sibligns put down deposits before we even sent out our invites.

We told ppl they could: 1) book through our TA and get the group rate 2) book on their own and look for a different rate

Cost wise - the group for us was a little bit cheaper but not by much. For us it was about having everyone on the same flight and arriving and leaving on the same days.

#1548 SMB&CRZ

SMB&CRZ
                • 165 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

Thanks Missy. That's how I understood the group rate as well. Trying to arrange a meeting with the TA tomorrow to sit down and discuss and get this sorted out.

In the meantime, I am happy to announce that I am officially a Paradisus bride!!! I spoke to Perla this afternoon and booked January 21st, 2010 for my wedding. So rain or swine, guests or none, I am getting married then!

#1549 egsarah

egsarah
                  • 355 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

Congratulations SMB&CRZ!! Good to have another Paradisus bride on board.

Lauren and FutureMrsC I hope everything works out in terms of being open. I can see that that could be very stressful!!

#1550 featherchick

featherchick
                    • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by SMB&CRZ
                      Thanks Missy. That's how I understood the group rate as well. Trying to arrange a meeting with the TA tomorrow to sit down and discuss and get this sorted out.

In the meantime, I am happy to announce that I am officially a Paradisus bride!!! I spoke to Perla this afternoon and booked January 21st, 2010 for my wedding. So rain or swine, guests or none, I am getting married then!
                      Congratulations! We should be able to give each other a lot of help as our wedding timelines are very similar (mine's the 9th!). I'm so excited for you! I can't believe that you are getting so many people to come. I am looking at 60 tops, but honestly that was the point of having it in Mexico otherwise we were looking at like...300 to 400. That's just crazy to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users