Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1421 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

i am so nervous and confused right now about this swine flu.I pray we are all going to be okay and our weddings will be fine.I dont know if I should have a plan B. What are you ladies doing?Are we doomed?? I wrote to Perla and waiting to hear back from her.

#1422 JulieH

JulieH
    • 24 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

Girls,
      Like I had said earlier, we just got back on Sunday and our entire group is fine. I work in a hospital and I can reassure you that the media can really pour things on thick. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be careful, but you need to remember that the drug wars are in a couple bordering cities, not the tourist areas and that the swine flu is predominantly in and around Mexico city. None of these issues are in or around the resort. Most of the workers that we talked with are from Puerto Morelos or Cancun, again no where near mexico city... just some food for thought. As it was, the resort did seem to slow down a bit at the end of our last week, but I think you should all still go and not worry about it. If you want to take precautions, get masks for your trip back since you don't know if anyone is coming back from Mexico City area, but don't let this ruin things for you!!! The infection rate is no more serious than the common flu infecting less than 1% of the population where SARS was infecting 10% of the population... it's all perspective.
      As for the airport in Cancun and Toronto, there were no precautions taken then, that's not to say there are not any changes made now, but none of the customs officials were taking any precautions or anything either!

I hope this helps!!! :)

Julie

#1423 sandra1976

sandra1976
      • 64 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

I would not be too concerned about getting sick... the only thing that got me thinking was when they said yesterday that they are suspending all flights to Mexico from Toronto some up to May 29th....
        Our trash the dress....friends pics

#1424 yamille

yamille
        • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

yeah it's all over the swine flu thread. I feel so sad for the canada brides. Many companies just stopped travel to Mexico till June.

I am keeping hope alive over here but we are losing steam. We are not worried about catching the flu- we are more worried that our guests wont be able to enjoy themselves out of paranoia- or just decide not to come. Hm only time will tell i guess.

#1425 bumbles

bumbles
          • 574 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the update, Julie! We are keeping our fingers crossed that the US won't issue a travel ban. Otherwise, our guests have expressed that they want to go "rain or swine" I received an email from my photog today who just returned from Playa del Carmen for a wedding and she said everything was business as usual.

#1426 yamille

yamille
            • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

bumbles I love that. If we do end up going (yes we will) we should get cocktail napkins with that slogan. "rain or swine" That made me laugh.

#1427 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
              • 391 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Im worried about the same thing yamille...that they will cancel flights...Lets pray together.

#1428 yamille

yamille
                • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

lauren I have complete faith that your wedding in late JULY is NOT doomed. No worries.

#1429 egsarah

egsarah
                  • 355 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

Girls you are all in my thoughts, and I really hope that everything turns out for the best. I keep hoping that all of this will blow over soon. From hearing from the other girls it sounds like things are okay in the resort region and my gut feel is that the media is blowing this WAAAY out of proportion. Keep us posted!

#1430 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
                    • 391 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

I spoke to Perla on the phone yesterday..She says we will all be fine and the swine flu is no where near the resort..
                      We will all be okay:) Lets keep the faith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users