• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1141 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MissyR
    We priced out what we wanted with WISH, Fantasy and Aqua. We actually found it was cheaper to use the WISH because I wanted to change a lot of what was in the package (for the appetizers and food) and with every change you pay a cost essentially.

For me, the cheaper route was to say.. this is exactly what I want.. and get the price from Perla.
    This is what I did too. It worked out to be the least expensive.

We paid for chairs for the ceremony and dinner (8 I think were included and we paid for the rest), but not chair covers or tablecloths. We had just white chair covers and white tablecloths.
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#1142 JulieH

JulieH
    • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

missy that spreadsheet was great to see... thanks for sharing!

i've been told there's a costco and a walmart near by for flowers and centerpiece stuff... true or false?

what are the chairs like that are included without coverings?? are they bad??

#1143 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
      • 391 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Hey fanny

The chill out chic is very different that most weddings..
        I wanted that whole island relaxing feeling.. Are you going with a package or are you customizing??

#1144 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
        • 391 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

Hey fanny

The chill out chic is very different that most weddings..
          I wanted that whole island relaxing feeling.. Are you going with a package or are you customizing??

#1145 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
          • 391 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Oh fyi- daniella orginally quoted me 1000.00 dollars for the dance floor on the beach..crazy!!
            I was able to get her down to the price of 590 which was 2007 pricing..

#1146 MissyR

MissyR
            • 1,210 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

The Costco and and the Walmart are about a 20 minute drive - Costco is essentially identical to the ones we have here - the Walmart was pretty good. Not sure if they had fresh flowers though - I didn't really look!

I think that the chairs they use with the covers are the banquet room chairs... but not sure to be honest. We had the Tiffany chairs for our reception (which we paid extra for!)

#1147 egsarah

egsarah
              • 355 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Did any of you tip your cermony officiant or any of the staff that worked your wedding? If so what % did you tip? I'm trying to finish off the budget and I don't know whats standard for a destination wedding when it comes to tipping. Especially when you do things like packages. EEK!

#1148 JulieH

JulieH
                • 24 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

egsarah, i like that post...
                  that's something mark and i have been discussing, and we have no idea... i wasn't sure how to ask the question about tipping, so i'm glad you did!!! :)

#1149 egsarah

egsarah
                  • 355 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Oh...I sent a HUGE long list of questions to Daniella yesterday so once I get some answers I'll share. I asked for things like SPECIFIC vendor policies when it comes to DJs (hopefully we can get that one cleared up!) and a centerpiece brochure (Laurenandbill I'll share if I actually get it!)

#1150 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
                    • 391 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:37 AM

sarah-

everythime i emai daniela i put in the subject line please respond within 3 days.
                      she is getting a little bit better.if i dont hear back from her i resend the same email.

i hate being annoying but i feel we have no choice if we want answers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users