Sign in to follow this  
MissyR

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Becks- Your business will be a total success. You did such an amazing job at planning your own wedding other would be lucky to have you. good luck with it! I cannot believe your issue with Paradisus- I really hope that new charge was a mistake. WTF?

Sandra- I am with you on your feeling about Paradisus right at this moment. I know that everything will turn out amazing but I think it's a good idea for you to speak with her. This whole SWANK/MANNIA thing is seriously out of control. It just doesn't make sense at all. I do understand that SWANK doesn't want to lose business- but then honestly they should either of these things:

lower their rates

look at what Carlos is doing and what is lacking from their own service

not allow outside dj service

*It's just a really annoying aspect of the planning for me right now.

I have faith that we wil work it out but they do need to be told what we are all feeling right now.

Sandra- keep us posted on what perla says after your conversation.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra1976 View Post
When I sent Perla the e-mail telling her that I was not going to pay more than 300.00 I told her I had heard that they where trying to do the same to other brides, and that it just is not good reviews for their hotel. Especially at economic times like these. Until today I still have not heard back from her. But I'm calling her today, because e-mails she can ignore but not a phone call. I don't mean to be so negative and give bad feed back on Paradisus especially since I have heard so many great things, but the good and bad experiences need to be discussed for future brides. I'm not making up anything I'm just sharing my experience and right now I don't think it's fair, they should have set prices for everyone and treat everyone the same. I hope that my wedding day blows my mind and builds back my impression of Paradisus.shots.gif

Good luck with your phone call. I hope she realizes that what they're doing isn't right and fixes it. This is definitely one thing you girls don't need to be stressing about so close to your weddings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamille View Post
Becks- Your business will be a total success. You did such an amazing job at planning your own wedding other would be lucky to have you. good luck with it! I cannot believe your issue with Paradisus- I really hope that new charge was a mistake. WTF?

Sandra- I am with you on your feeling about Paradisus right at this moment. I know that everything will turn out amazing but I think it's a good idea for you to speak with her. This whole SWANK/MANNIA thing is seriously out of control. It just doesn't make sense at all. I do understand that SWANK doesn't want to lose business- but then honestly they should either of these things:
lower their rates
look at what Carlos is doing and what is lacking from their own service
not allow outside dj service
*It's just a really annoying aspect of the planning for me right now.

I have faith that we wil work it out but they do need to be told what we are all feeling right now.

Sandra- keep us posted on what perla says after your conversation.
Thanks!
I called and Perla was not there i spoke with Leticia who told me that Perla was not in the office and was looking into my case. That she would let me know. I told her well i fly out on wednesday at 6am so i hope to hear from her before that...

This is the breakdown of what Perla sent me......

outside AV fee 700.00

Lead supervising technician 200.00

Miscellaneous expense (15% of quote) 249.61

Tax 114.96

Labor 200.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra1976 View Post
This is the breakdown of what Perla sent me......
outside AV fee 700.00
Lead supervising technician 200.00
Miscellaneous expense (15% of quote) 249.61
Tax 114.96
Labor 200.00
wtf.gif That's nuts. WTH is a $200 charge for labor when you are already being charged $200 for supervising? huh02.gif All of those charges are ridiculous.

Sandra, it is ridiculous! I am waiting to hear about my "fees." If worse comes to worse, I might move the reception off the resort. I am not going to get sucked into this. Paradisus can lose money from the costs of the reception if they want it to be that way.

I have really enjoyed working with Perla and Daniela. Whether I would recommend Paradisus to future brides will depend on how this dj situation is handled. Honestly, it's extortion and nobody should have to deal with arbitrary, non-sensical fees.

Do any of you have the contract from SWANK? When I was there, he had a contract that was specific for the outside vendor stuff. I'm looking for it now, but am afraid it may be long gone. That's were all my fees were oulined.

I'll keep looking, but yes, those fees look pretty dumb to me. I'd really push back on that. The figures are obscene!

Becks...I LOOOOVE your siggy photos...SOOO pretty!!

This is what SWANK sent me in terms of external vendor stuff. I think I'm going to try and play dumb though and see what Perla says. 15% of the original quote?! Why would I do that?! If his orignal quote was reasonable then I would pay it. I got one quote for $475 for 4 hours...I'm planning on going with that if I can get around the vendor fees. I'll let you girls know what I find out.

Oh BTW...SWANK's Quote break down...which I STILL don't understand...

$980 for 4 hrs DJ Audio Service

$ 135 for set up

$109 Tax

$ 535 Labor WTF?!

$ 55 damage waiver

Grand total $ 1279...Something doesn't add up though...I'm guessing the labor is part of the DJ Service.... Who knows?

ReglamentoProveedoresExternos-Ing.pdf