Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MissyR

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
Hey girls - I am thinking that the $300 fee includes all the money to be paid to SWANK for the equipment, supervision, etc. I will confirm this with Perla and let you know (haven't heard back from her on this yet). Either way - I am paying the $300 and that's all - Perla never mentioned any extra costs so she will have to reduce something else in the budget to cover SWANK (if she needs to), but I won't pay more. That is crazy.

On a positive note - when Carlos emailed me about a microphone at the ceremony - he quoted me $300. Then I asked him about the SWANK charges and he told me that he is familiar with them - not to worry about it...and by the way (as a wedding present) he reduced the microphone to $150 without me even asking about it. That is how you get customers :) He seems really nice!

I'll let you know if I get charged anything else...good times!
Let me know what the outcome of this is.... or else we will be there at teh same time we will join forces and bring that place down..LOL i need to make jokes right now in order not to cry.... this is just carzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mannia is my dj too. These extra fees for a dj are a little ridiculous. I don't understand why it's necessary for someone else to supervise. My game plan is also to stick to the $300 fee and nothing more. Ah, so nervous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra1976 View Post
Oh she will..... I'm so upset right now.... I leave next monday and just got an invoice from Perla which all of a sudden i have to pay before i go. and they are trying to charge me 1260.00 for the outside vendor fee.....LIke what the hell is thathuh.gif?
I wouldn't pay anything before you go. There's no logical reason for that. We paid for everything the day before our wedding and it was no problem. I think if you guys stick to your guns you will be ok with the whole dj thing. It is a weird situation. I remember when I was pricing out swank vs mannia there was the $300 outside vendor fee plus a fee for swank to supervise. But it wasn't that much. I know Becks used Mannia and paid the fees and I think it was still less expensive than just using swank. In the end I went with an ipod because it was free and less confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sandra - what date to fly to the hotel? I will be there until April 5th - before we leave for the honeymoon hotel (El Dorado Royale). If we will be there the same time, I can let you know what happened with the Mannia/SWANK charges.

 

So far - Perla has only charged me the $300 fee. Her invoices don't include extra supervision time. SWANK mentioned that I would have to pay for supervision when I was talking to him about the slideshow. After I told him I would pay $150 for the screen (crazy prices - I'm not buying the screen, I am barrowing it..right?), he never mentioned extra DJ fees.

 

...So that is where I stand. I'll let you know how it goes down.

 

Perla has not mentioned that we have to pay for invoice before we get down there. She hasn't mentioned anything about it all as a matter of fact. We were going to take the most recent invoice with us and pay by credit card before the wedding. I wouldn't pay before you get down there (unless you want to lock in the rates or something).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
Sandra - what date to fly to the hotel? I will be there until April 5th - before we leave for the honeymoon hotel (El Dorado Royale). If we will be there the same time, I can let you know what happened with the Mannia/SWANK charges.

So far - Perla has only charged me the $300 fee. Her invoices don't include extra supervision time. SWANK mentioned that I would have to pay for supervision when I was talking to him about the slideshow. After I told him I would pay $150 for the screen (crazy prices - I'm not buying the screen, I am barrowing it..right?), he never mentioned extra DJ fees.

...So that is where I stand. I'll let you know how it goes down.

Perla has not mentioned that we have to pay for invoice before we get down there. She hasn't mentioned anything about it all as a matter of fact. We were going to take the most recent invoice with us and pay by credit card before the wedding. I wouldn't pay before you get down there (unless you want to lock in the rates or something).
Hey Merith,
I know i said on a previous e-mail that i go down on monday but that is wrong.... I must have been real peed off....LOL i get there on April 1st at about 10:30am... I have already sent them the payment minus the DJ charge, Perla took for ever to add that to my invoice. I got a better rate doing so because my friend works at the bank and she got me employee rate. But i will not pay what they are asking me... the original quote he gave me was 1600.0 now they want me to pay almost the same for not using themhuh.gif They must be on drugs.....I'm just finding that Paradisus is nothing but a rip off.... Like what the hell is a cocktail hour without cocktailshuh.gif?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra1976 View Post
Hey Merith,
I know i said on a previous e-mail that i go down on monday but that is wrong.... I must have been real peed off....LOL i get there on April 1st at about 10:30am... I have already sent them the payment minus the DJ charge, Perla took for ever to add that to my invoice. I got a better rate doing so because my friend works at the bank and she got me employee rate. But i will not pay what they are asking me... the original quote he gave me was 1600.0 now they want me to pay almost the same for not using themhuh.gif They must be on drugs.....I'm just finding that Paradisus is nothing but a rip off.... Like what the hell is a cocktail hour without cocktailshuh.gif?
Sandra, how many guests are you having? Just curious to see if its a larger group and that's why you are having a harder time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone tell me if the pakcages are posted on the site ive looked everywhere and cant find them. i also looked on the site. does anyone have them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC77 View Post
Sandra, how many guests are you having? Just curious to see if its a larger group and that's why you are having a harder time.
Actually, I think I got a good deal because we were a larger party--we used Mannia and i don't think we even paid the $300 outside vendor fee (which, if we didn't, it probably was an oversite, because that is their policy). I never spoke w/ or had any dealings w/ Swank- Carlos came- Perla knows him, and he did a great job. I know Missy loved Swank as well. I hope this "supervising fee" concept goes away, because it's causing more grief than good. For you girls who are using another dj, did Perla mention this supervising fee too, or just Swank? I'd only go by what Perla says (and you can always discuss w/ her if there's an issue- remember, she's there to make your wedding wonderful!).

BTW, Kelly, did you ever post your pics? I think Missy asked you, but I haven't seen them! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that I would ignore what Swank says and only go by what Perla says. And don't be afraid to question her or tell her you think she made a mistake on the dj charge. I don't feel like Paradisus was a rip off at all. I actually felt like we got a really good price and really it is so beautiful that alot of the "extras" were not really necessary. I just don't want other brides thinking that Paradisus is not a good place to be married. Perla and Daniela went above and beyond for me on my day and everything was exactly how I had pictured it as far as set up and decor went. I really believe that once you girls get there you will be really happy with how things turn out.

 

Robin, I haven't shared my pro-pics on the forum yet. I know how much everyone would like to see them, but for now I'm keeping them just for me. Ha, I'm a one-way BDWer... I drool over everyone else's pics but won't show mine. lol shameonyou.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×