Travel with a lap top

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Debs

• VIP Member
  • 7,104 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

Was this entering or leaving the states?

#22 Kat81

• VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Debs
      Was this entering or leaving the states?
      It was leaving... at the Canadian customs.. and they kept asking me come on you can tell us if you do drugs we don't judge we just need to make sure you don't bring any into our Country. I was like seriously dude. I have never even smoked a cigarette let alone anything else. They even tested my retainer (EWW) for drug residue.

#23 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Wow I'm sorry that's horrible!

I too seem to always have issues coming from Canada back into the states when I am traveling with my FI. Not sure if its because he has a Canadian passport and I a U.S one... but we always seem to be the lucky ones that get pulled into the side room. They separate us, ask random questions and dig through our stuff. They've never bothered with our cameras or laptops though!

#24 Kat81

• VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, that might have been why the picked on us. My FI is from Canada with a E2 work visa.. Which apparently is pretty hard to get. And I am an American. So, we probably seemed the "perfect" canidate for drug smugglers LOL little do they know I am like the biggest goody goody.

#25 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:35 AM

I've been searched through customs and had a horrible experience. I still get nitemares, they are horrible at the CDN/US border. I had 5 guys interrogating me and I almost missed my flight.

Thanks for the tip though - not to self erase all steamy pics lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users