Photo

Senor Jason is here!!!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 lambert13

lambert13
  • 901 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

Hi everyone. My fiance and I (just got engaged on Christmas Eve!) are planning to elope this coming July probably in Mexico. I have been to the Cancun and Riviera Maya area 4 times now and she has been there once last summer with me. A few questions first....... where should we get married? what will the weather be like? do they have comfortable beds?

Just kidding

I belong to a few other web forums about Cancun and the Riviera Maya already, so I know the drill in general down there. I dont have any specific questions yet, but I will let you all know when I do. Just going to do a lot of reading and browsing for now.

#2 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning! I'm getting married at Dreams in Cabo. We wanted an AI. Good Luck

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

HI welcome to the forum Jason, wow guys are really starting to pop up.. ;-)

Hopefully Jackie reads your post soon, as I'm sure she will have some suggestions

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

hi jason, welcome to the forum and let us know how we can help!!

my choice for you guys:

el dorado royale
        excellence riviera maya

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the welcome. The suggestions have been added to the resort page in the research folder. Shhhh...just don't tell anyone I am doing this at work.

One of my big concerns is the wedding photography as I am a semi-pro photographer. Whoever we choose I can almost guarantee I will be worse than a mother-of-the-bride when it comes to telling them how to do their job.

For now though, much reading is in order.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:29 PM

jason, there are so many great destination wedding photographers on this forum, i am sure you will not be disappointed.

some off the top of my head for you to check out:

Leigh Miller
          Soltamargo
          Jonathan thrasher
          juan carlos tapia
          elizabeth medina

BUT a heads up...some of the resorts do not allow you to bring in outside vendors UNLESS they are staying at the resort...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

Welcome Jason - glad to have a little more testosterone on this site! It sounds like you have one of the hardest parts out of the way, choosing a location! Now once you have the actual site - you're golden. So if you're eloping - do you plan on having any guests at all? I have to admit - that idea is pretty tempting!

#8 NATASHA

NATASHA
            • 646 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

I can highly recommend on of the hotels that we stayed at for our honeymoon - Hacienda San Jose. It's a gorgeous property and the service is phenomenal! Oh - and the bed is suspended - a great novelty.

Luxury Collection Tixkokob Hotels: Hacienda San Jose - Hotel Rooms at luxury.com

It's SPG Luxury Collection. We hired a driver through the hotel everyday which was TOTALLY worth it (great guy). He took us to the various pyramids and caves throughout the region. It's nice to be on your own schedule.

July - though - is tough. The entire region is very HOT and humid.

Alternatively, we also stayed at La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo. Very pricey, very worth it - especially if you're eloping and just looking to relax in your private plunge pool and eat some great food. I would think it would be cooler/more comfortable in July vs. the Riviera Maya region.
              Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#9 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

Hi Jason and welcome.
                I agree with Tammy, El Dorado Royale or Excellence Riviera Maya would be the way to go if eloping in my opinion.
                As far as photography goes. Tammy already mentioned the top photographers. They have done some of the best DW pics I have seen thus far.

Just wondering, where have you stayed in the Cancun RM area? I love to hear peoples first hand experience with different resorts.
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#10 lambert13

lambert13
                • 901 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

Answers to questions....

Number of guests.......0. We are planning a reception for when we get back. We both decided we want our wedding day to be completely about us. It may sound selfish in some ways but I want to be able to focus everything on her and us for that whole day instead of wondering if Dad is too warm or if everyone had enough to eat.

Photographers....... I looked at the thread listing most of them. Wow. They are all really great.

Weather in July..... Thats what time of year I have always gone to the Riviera Maya and cancun. Its very hot, but the ocean is beautiful and the cervezas are cold.

Thanks for the other resort reccomendations. They are on the list now too

Where else have I been down there..... I have stayed at the Oasis Playa in Cancun 4 times, but probably wont go back because they raised their prices. I have been all over the place down there driving around and having fun. One of the highlights though was staying overnight in an Oceanfront cabana in Tulum. No electricity, no TV, no noise, nothing but the ocean and the stars at night. I get chills thinking about it. My favorite hangouts though are Akumal for all the little restaurants, Downtown Cancun for the people and the prices, Tulum for its charm and Cancun's hotel zone for the beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users