4 Days Engaged - Cabo here we come!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 runnernikki

runnernikki
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

Hola-

I just love this site! I'm only 4 days into engagement and it's already been a huge help to read everyone's thoughts and advise.

I'm Nikki, 27, from Detroit and my Fiance is Chris, 30. We are just crazy about Mexico. We are looking to marry in Cabo the spring of 2008 and need some advise and help on the best resorts/locations to pull this off :)

Looking forward to happy planning !!

#2 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

Welcome and congrats!

I'll ask the standard questions...
      1) How many people?
      2) Kids?
      3) All inclusive or not?

#3 jthrasher

jthrasher
      • Banned
      • 486 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:40 AM

Welcome Nikki!! I think I've been here only 4 days too and I'm hooked already!

Good to see a fellow Michigander here! I'm from Grand Rapids but I'm going to be down your way on Jan 14th at The Palace of Auburn Hills for the bridal show there. You should come check it out. Feel free to contact me.

congrats on the engagement!!

#4 runnernikki

runnernikki
        • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

I'll ask the standard questions...
          1) How many people? approx 50
          2) Kids? possibility but doubt it. If so, it'll be the ring bearer only
          3) All inclusive or not? I guess I don't understand the downfall or upside of either. Any thoughts?

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:45 AM

welcome to the forum nikki...there are quite a few brides here so i am sure you will find the information you are looking for.

Kate asked you some great question...

here are some more that can help us help you.

1. what is the profile of your group? younger, likes more activity...or family, wants more of a quiet resor scene

2. what are you targetting as your per night rate?

3. approx. budget for your event

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

welcome Nikki! We have tons of Michigan gals AND guys on now! Maybe you are all trying to escape the cold winter?

We decided not to do all-inclusive and we LOVED the Cabo Surf Hotel. It's a small boutique hotel with a great, relaxed atmosphere. Let me know if that is up your alley.

#7 runnernikki

runnernikki
            • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:57 AM

1. what is the profile of your group? younger, likes more activity...or family, wants more of a quiet resor scene --it's going to be a mixed bag with the ages ranging from 5 (the only kid of the group - ring bearer) to mid 50's (parents) but I'm sure that those guests who are family will still want more activity rather than a quiet scene. We're thinking of immediate and extended family and close friends so approx. 50-70 guests total

2. what are you targetting as your per night rate? - For guests we would like to keep it under $250/night
              3. approx. budget for your event - I have no idea at this point since I don't really know what everything is going to cost. I'm not so much worried about our budget but more so of our guests so I'd like to have the wedding at a nice location but nothing that will break the bank for our guests to stay there 2-3 nights.

We've been to Cabo once before and stayed at the Fiesta Americana. Where are the Hilton, Dreams, and Sheridian in relation to that property? We're not sure on which area we would prefer; closer to downtown area or further away or in the middle. So much to think about...

#8 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:24 AM

Welcome to the forum!
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:27 AM

Welcome Nikki, and congratulations on the engagement! It sounds like you're off to a good start on choosing the location - to me, that's the hardest part. Let us know how else we can help!

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

YEAH, another Michigan bride.. I'm actually getting married at the Sheraton in June, it's actually really close to Fiesta Americana & the Hilton. The FA and Hilton (I think) are AI resorts where the Sheraton is not. For us we enjoy eating out at different locations when we travel so we weren't interested in doing AI. I think all three places you mentioned would be very nice. There are several Hilton brides on here, so getting information on that resort would be pretty easy, and of course feel free to ask me anything about the Sheraton.

Welcome and congrats on your engagement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users