Photo

Honeymoon Spot??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mridgway

mridgway
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

We are getting married in Cabo but planning to honeymoon in Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. Any thoughts on which town is better or hotel suggestions?

Thanks!
    Melissa

#2 NATASHA

NATASHA
    • 646 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

We stayed at La Casa Que Canta for the first leg of our honeymoon in November. FABULOUS. I highly recommend.

We went to Ixtapa one day. I don't recommend it. Stick to Zihuatanejo. You'll be much happier.

If LCQC is too pricey, look at Villa del Sol or, maybe Brisas Del Mar. Avoid other hotels.

Practically speaking - we are adventure travelers and had grand plans to go on safari. All of our friends said don't do it because all we were going to want to do was veg after the wedding. They were right. We sat by our private plunge pool, read, and ate. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. After 5 days, I was ready for a bit more action and we headed over to the Riviera Maya and explored caves and pyramids. It was perfect. We stayed at Hacienda Tomezon and Hacienda San Jose (awesome!). It was a perfect honeymoon.
      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#3 mridgway

mridgway
      • 132 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:58 PM

Thanks Natasha! Those places sounds perfect! Good to know about Ixtapa--having not been there before we have no idea what to expect. Zihuatanejo sounds much more like what we are looking for. We've done quite a bit of traveling in the Riviera Maya area and are exciting to try out a new part of Mexico!

Melissa

#4 angitalia23

angitalia23
        • 1,029 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

Zihuatanejo is my favorite city in Mexico!!! If you go there for your honeymoon you will enjoy it...it's basically a quiet city with small bars and great restaurants. La Ropa beach is beautiful and relaxing. My FI and I have been there twice and just love it, we've made many friends in that city and plan on going back next year! PM me if you want some more recomendations or info, I would love to help
          Anthony & Angela
          19 June 2008

#5 angitalia23

angitalia23
          • 1,029 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:59 AM

Im a tool and did not see that your already on your honeymoon at this point....hope you have fun!
            Anthony & Angela
            19 June 2008

#6 JUANCARLOST

JUANCARLOST
            • Banned
            • 130 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

If you like a quiet and small hotel, you will love where I stayed: Tentaciones Hotel and Lounge Pool in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico

I stayed at the room next to the pool, wow! you will love it!

Its a new hotel.

Juan Carlos

#7 augustbride

augustbride
              • 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

how was the wedding in cabo and then the honey moon at zihu at LCQC? We are doing the same thing in August!

#8 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JUANCARLOST
                  If you like a quit and small hotel, you will love where I stayed: Tentaciones Hotel and Lounge Pool in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico

I stayed at the room next to the pool, wow! you will love it!

Its a new hotel.

Juan Carlos
                  Is that place AI?

#9 JUANCARLOST

JUANCARLOST
                  • Banned
                  • 130 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kacie3344
                    Is that place AI?
                    The hotel is not AI, but the prices are ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users