Photo

Rental Car?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kiahjane

kiahjane
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

Have any of you made arrangements to rent a car while you are in Cancun? We were going to plan to do this as we will have a couple of guests at another resort up the road, but we are finding that with insurance, etc, it is going to be almost $600 for the week.

Anyone have a better experience or any recommendations? We've booked directly through the resort so I don't have a TA to ask.

Thanks!!

#2 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:34 AM

Every time I go to Cancun, I always rent from Cancun Car Rental, Rent a car in Cancun, Playa del Carmen Easy Way Car Rental

Their prices seem to be more reasonable than other places. But I must warn you that their location is about 5 minutes from the airport and it seems shady (compared to what you may be used to) but I have never had a problem with them.

Have you thought about renting a car for maybe just part of the time that you are there? Otherwise, the bus system is great and cheap.

#3 RECancunBride

RECancunBride
      • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

We rented a car from Hertz in the airport (got married in November) - we paid $400 for 10 days and got a new 4 door jeep. I will warn you others in our party that rented cars (from some other company) were charged outrageous charges for a so-called scratch they put in the car (that was there when they got it). So please look over your car very carefully when you get it. We had a really good experience with Hertz at the airport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users