Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuicyJx
Is it just underarms that you need down? It's easier than bikinis or legs.. I wouldn't worry. Just sucks when you are used to a person and they bail
yeah just underarms this time, but the thing is that im upset because shes the only girl i ever went to that i liked and felt totally comfortable with and trusted, ya know? she already knew my skin and all my quirks about how i break out if she didnt put this powder that turns into lotion stuff on afterwards...and now i have to explain it to somebody else so i will feel like im telling her how to do her job. my appointment is at 1045 tomorrow morning, so ill report back afterwards. i was finally working up the courage to do a complete brazilian with the girl i had been going to, and now i have to rebuild a comfort level with somebody new, im just frustrated

#152 dmarie17

dmarie17
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:17 PM

Maura, i found a great lady in Elmhurst... about 20 miles west of the city... let me know if you want her info. She's been in business for like 25 years or something and was great... good luck!
    Oh, and if you know a great hair sylist, mine just moved to MI so I'm on the hunt for a new one... lemme know!

#153 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

So after starting this thread almost 2 months ago, I finally went and got it done today! It was so NOT painful and was definitely easy. I went to a great salon near my house and the wax girl and I just talked the entire time and I swear I hardly noticed she was doing it. I'm a little red right now, but that's it. Thanks for all of your advice and encouragement girls, I wouldn't have gone through it without you.

#154 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lizz
        So after starting this thread almost 2 months ago, I finally went and got it done today! It was so NOT painful and easy. I went to a great salon near my house and the wax girl and I just talked the entire time and I swear I hardly noticed she was doing it. I'm a little red right now, but that's it. Thanks for all of your advice and encouragement girls, I wouldn't have gone through it without you.
        see! told ya so!! hehehe

#155 Duchess

Duchess
        • 358 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

I'm such a dork. In addition to the pain, I cant imagine being on hands and knees in front of a stranger. But I so want to do this, I may just have to get the courage!!!

#156 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

omg, I just made my appointment to have mine done. I am a little nervous....

#157 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:06 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MsShelley
              omg, I just made my appointment to have mine done. I am a little nervous....
              Shelley, trust me, you'll be fine. As a wax veteran (lol...my first time was 2 days ago), it is nothing to get nervous about. And it wasn't really painful at all. Good luck!

#158 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Duchess
              I'm such a dork. In addition to the pain, I cant imagine being on hands and knees in front of a stranger. But I so want to do this, I may just have to get the courage!!!
              jamie, do you have a regular place you go to get waxed?

#159 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lizz
                Shelley, trust me, you'll be fine. As a wax veteran (lol...my first time was 2 days ago), it is nothing to get nervous about. And it wasn't really painful at all. Good luck!
                omg, my appointment is today at 11a, I am getting a little nervous!!!

#160 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MsShelley
                  omg, my appointment is today at 11a, I am getting a little nervous!!!
                  You'll be ok, if I can do it, anyone can...lol! Let us know how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users