Sign in to follow this  
nueland

OOT Bags, anyone ever used these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonie View Post
What is the material for the canvas tote everyone has been ordering? Is it cotton or poly?
The one's that I posted are cotton. It says:
Made in the USA for us in 7 oz. Cotton duck sewn with cotton thread for perfect dyeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
I too think I need to go back to the canvas bag idea.
Okay ladies. I have the same suggestion. Shall we try a canvas bag bulk order? This is the canvas bag that I was looking at, it's the 14 inch bag:
Cool Totes

I like these because I saw the ones that Jenn (Hopels) made. I liked the fact that they have 2 pockets on the outside & they seem quite sturdy.
Here's her post with a picture of the finished product:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t13671
Okay ladies, I'm here! The bags I got were fantastic - heavy canvas material, the pockets are great, and the bags were a great size - but I did order the large ones (18"). They came fairly quickly as well. The bags were big enough to fit 2 big towels and all of our other stuff with lots of room to spare. These are big beach bags. Our guests definitely used them, and I think they will likely reuse them (which was our hope)! We also changed our logo so that it was just the location, to encourage reuse. The bags were also VERY easy to iron-on a design.

The only suggestion I would have would be to order by phone from Dharma. I had made a few online purchases the night I ordered from Dharma, and during one of them (no way to be sure which) my credit card info was stolen! I know we are all online gals, but take the time to call them just in case it was their website. I did speak to them about it and they were very nice on the phone. Who knows, you might be able to get a bigger discount from them on the phone too!

If you have any other questions let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Okay ladies, I'm here! The bags I got were fantastic - heavy canvas material, the pockets are great, and the bags were a great size - but I did order the large ones (18"). They came fairly quickly as well. The bags were big enough to fit 2 big towels and all of our other stuff with lots of room to spare. These are big beach bags. Our guests definitely used them, and I think they will likely reuse them (which was our hope)! We also changed our logo so that it was just the location, to encourage reuse. The bags were also VERY easy to iron-on a design.

The only suggestion I would have would be to order by phone from Dharma. I had made a few online purchases the night I ordered from Dharma, and during one of them (no way to be sure which) my credit card info was stolen! I know we are all online gals, but take the time to call them just in case it was their website. I did speak to them about it and they were very nice on the phone. Who knows, you might be able to get a bigger discount from them on the phone too!

If you have any other questions let me know!
Thanks so much for the info Jenn!

Jenn - Thanks so much for getting back to us! Congratulations on your marriage!!

I wonder if Dharma would be willing to lower the price of the big one if we did a huge bulk order. I'm going to order 75+, so I already get the lowest price, but if together with some other gals we ordered 200+, maybe they'd come down a bit? I wonder if I should call and ask...

I found a couple other OOT bags options that I am considering. I am not looking to spend a huge amount on the bags themselves (we are on a pretty tight budget). Here is the link to one of them:Shop for Flip Flop Canvas Tote Bag, Best Sellers. Plus tons of other stunning Best Sellers party supplies, favors, and decorations.

The other one is in the destination-romance catalog, but I can't find it online. They are just horizontally striped bags and are $16.95 for 12 bags (assorted colors). Does anyone know anything about either of these products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylalany View Post
Jenn - Thanks so much for getting back to us! Congratulations on your marriage!!

I wonder if Dharma would be willing to lower the price of the big one if we did a huge bulk order. I'm going to order 75+, so I already get the lowest price, but if together with some other gals we ordered 200+, maybe they'd come down a bit? I wonder if I should call and ask...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
No harm in trying... all they can say is no, right? Good luck ladies :)
I'll definitely order if it will help us get a lower price!

Yeah I know they aren't the biggest ones out there. But I am not planning on having any huge items in my OOT bags. I would love to do towels, and all that, but the budget just isn't there for all of those things. Depending on the price you get with Dharma, I may order those...I would only need about 20. Let me know on the price if you call them.