Walmart in Cancun?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kiahjane

• 159 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:46 PM

This is probably a silly question, but...

Has anyone ever actually shopped there? Just wondering if we can count on getting things like glass votive cups, OOT supplies, beach pails for the kids, etc, like we would at our Walmart here at home...

#2 Dbld78

• Banned
    • 665 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

not sure....but walmart is everywhere.

#3 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

When we went we were looking for snacks, water & drinks so we didn't really pay attn to the regular stuff. They'll probably have the pail & stuff for kids since lots of people bought water things from there. But it did look like any other Walmart.

#4 Cancun Studios

Cancun Studios
        • Vendor
        • 32 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

There are 3 Walmarts in Cancun. They are department stores as well as grocery stores. You can find just about everything you find in the states however, there is not as much variety and the price is usually double. There is also Costco and Sam's Club. Hope that helps!

#5 Can'tHardlyWait

• 812 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

I second the last post. I went to Walmart in August on my site visit. We were definitely focused on food and water (it was the day before the hurican hit) but I walked through the other departments. I remember them having EVERYTHING - linens, candles, decorations, etc - but the prices were def. a lot higher than back home.

#6 madenerg2

• 126 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

I agree with the last post. I went in December and it was more expensive and I was leary of buying some of the snacks b/c I knew my guests wouldn't recognize the brand. But they did have bottled water and pales for the kids

#7 lbberger

• 27 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

there is also a costco really close to the walmart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users