Isla Mujeres - night life??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gretchen

Gretchen
  • Banned
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

Hey there - hoping for some assistance. We are planning a vacation in May. Last year we went to Cancun and LOVED it.
    We found a good deal for Isla Mujeres, but not sure about it.
    We love the night life! We like to go out and dance and have a few drinks (or maybe more like 6 or 8 or so... LOL)
    Is there a nightlife on Isla Mujeres? We loved Cancun, but don't want the same vacation 2 in a row....
    Suggestions?
    Gretchen "GiGi"

#2 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
    • 127 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

I went to Isla Mujeres and there is NOTHING there. We went on a day trip there and had been staying at the Moon Palace. Isla Mujeres is a very poor and not Americanized at all. We got dropped off at Isla Mujeres Palace (sister hotel to the Moonpalace). We were stuck there for a few hours with nowhere to go. Then the boat took us to a vendor area. It was a huge culture shock. So, you will not seen any nightlife there. It is a good place to go if you just want to relax. It is very very isolated.

#3 Gretchen

Gretchen
      • Banned
      • 416 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

We went for a day trip too. Did lots of shopping, but didn't see any "bars" so I wasn't sure. I also don't know (CAN ANYONE ADVISE?) if we can get a ferry back to Isla Mujeres if we go into Cancun late.... Do they run 24 hours?
        Gretchen "GiGi"

#4 chibi411

chibi411
        • 234 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:48 AM

Went for a day trip and the impression I got was that was little nightlife. It's such a small island. The ferry that we took was on a time table, i Don't think they have a 24 hour one. Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users