Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tvt

wedding band = pain in my a$$

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Do you like this?

yes, this is the ring I really like... and I thought I had found what I wanted to get. However I've been searching to find it in real life so I can try it on, and I can't find it anywhere. I haven't even found one close to it..... I should find out more about how custom rings work. A 3d model and a mold sound like good ways to get an idea of what it would look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
yes, this is the ring I really like... and I thought I had found what I wanted to get. However I've been searching to find it in real life so I can try it on, and I can't find it anywhere. I haven't even found one close to it..... I should find out more about how custom rings work. A 3d model and a mold sound like good ways to get an idea of what it would look like.
DEMETER "Harvest 4" 18k White Gold Micro Pave Blue Sapphire Band (0.70 ctw)

Can you find a jewelry store that carries Demeter?

Sea of Diamonds | DEMETER "Harvest 4" 18k White Gold Micro Pave Blue Sapphire Band (0.70 ctw)

$540

They have a 30 day return policy. Sounds like it will only cost you return, insured shipping to return it.

Also, check out that link on the top about saving $100 if you sign up for the email list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine custom made from a wholesaler and I could not be happier!

 

They take a look at your e-ring, do some measurements, and make a mold of your wedding ring (my mold plus labor was $50). Then you can make changes and changes until you are happy. The best is that you can pick out the quality of your diamonds to the T. For example, I have 5 little aschers that run on the top of my ring... I went through many loose stones to get the most uniform diamonds I could get... make sure you get them from the same parcel to ensure they will be a close macth.

 

After the ring is made they can always rework the ring to ensure it fits perfectly. And really if you get it from a wholesaler you will save $$. Mine was 1/2 the cost than if I bought it on blue nile. It really just depends too on what you want to make.

 

I will say though that you need to shop around for your jeweler or try to get some referals... there we're some that I met with and they we're like yea we have to keep your ring for a day to get the measurements... when sitting flush with my e-ring wasn't an issue.. RED FLAG! No way did I let them take my ring. The jeweler that I ended up using just measured my ering quickly in front of me, wrote stuff down.

 

Just be wary.

 

Good Luck Tara and let us know how it goes!

Monika : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my wedding band custom made, it cost me about $400.00 more but it was what I was looking for.

 

The nice thing about a custom ring is they match stone quality so that it looks perfect together, I know when I was looking some of the bands just weren't as high quality as my other stones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it sounds like you had a great experience, can you post who you used? Where they a nationwide chain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsgrrl View Post
I got mine custom made from a wholesaler and I could not be happier!

 

They take a look at your e-ring, do some measurements, and make a mold of your wedding ring (my mold plus labor was $50). Then you can make changes and changes until you are happy. The best is that you can pick out the quality of your diamonds to the T. For example, I have 5 little aschers that run on the top of my ring... I went through many loose stones to get the most uniform diamonds I could get... make sure you get them from the same parcel to ensure they will be a close macth.

 

After the ring is made they can always rework the ring to ensure it fits perfectly. And really if you get it from a wholesaler you will save $$. Mine was 1/2 the cost than if I bought it on blue nile. It really just depends too on what you want to make.

 

I will say though that you need to shop around for your jeweler or try to get some referals... there we're some that I met with and they we're like yea we have to keep your ring for a day to get the measurements... when sitting flush with my e-ring wasn't an issue.. RED FLAG! No way did I let them take my ring. The jeweler that I ended up using just measured my ering quickly in front of me, wrote stuff down.

 

Just be wary.

 

Good Luck Tara and let us know how it goes!

Monika : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No unfortunately it's local.

 

Its WindyCityDiamonds.com... a wholesaler on Wabash St. in Downtown Chicago.. If anyone is really interested, I have a guy who is fantastic I can give you his info.

 

DH got his ring custom made through them.. I got a diamond bracelet as a wedding present that was sized to fit me. We got our bridal party pearl earrings and necklaces.. and for the fam we got pearl jewerly all custom made. I just brought in pictures, or described what I wanted to him... he can copy anything that's out there in the retail stores.. picked out my own pearls.. it was fantastic!! And super affordable IMHO.

 

Plus you can bargin with the wholesaler... for example fresh water pearl necklaces (w/ 2 pearls each) and earrings in sterling silver for each of the girls was $25! I think that was super affordable and they looked really expensive.. BONUS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my band custom ordered, got to pick my stones and have the width match nicely with my e-ring. My jeweller did a great job, exactly what I wanted and it was under $500.00. I was like you, tried on way too many rings, so I am glad I talked with a jeweller and went this route. Good luck Tara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so for all you girls that had custom rings made how did you find a place? (i knew a place in MN.... but in AZ i know nothing rolleyes.gif)

 

well i guess i know how to find a place, but how do you decide which place to use? I would assume it would be hard to compare prices and quality...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
so for all you girls that had custom rings made how did you find a place? (i knew a place in MN.... but in AZ i know nothing rolleyes.gif)

well i guess i know how to find a place, but how do you decide which place to use? I would assume it would be hard to compare prices and quality...
In Chicago there is a street that is all wholesale jewelers... ironically it was located right by my school so either before class or after or on the weekends I would just go through each building and talk to the sales ppl or owners and get quotes... some were quite shady like I said and required that they keep my e-ring so they could measure it. I just basically did my own research on how much the diamonds would be (through B-Nile) and how much they we're offering me. The quotes ranged SIGNIFICANTLY to the point that I was so frustrated because I didn't know what was reasonable. Anyway, I just happened to stumble upon my current jeweler and he was extremely nice, and fair and his quotes were the lowest of the low while the quality was very nice.

I would search online, maybe use google business search for your area. There must be a wholesale place you can go to... I know DH aunt has a winter home in AZ (fountian Hills) and she always buys jewelery. But sorry they are in Hawaii for 2 weeks so I can't ask. She came home once with what must be a 3 carat diamond (kinda bad quality and cloudy..ouch sorry but true).

I don't know if Fountain Hills is too far away from you but when she get's back I will be happy to ask her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I visited a few jewelers who we had heard had good reputations, and we ended up choosing the one that showed me the most beautiful loose diamonds that I could choose myself for my ring. Te problem I was having was my e-ring has a very high quality diamond on a very thin band, and all the wedding bands that were thin enough had really awful quality diamonds. Choosing my own diamonds gave me the sparkle my e-ring deserved:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
    • Flower girl dresses tend to follow the latest trends in bridal party and thanks for sharing Great website that provide  good collection & services with affordable price .
  • Topics

×