Photo

DestinationWeddings.com * Post all experiences, info and questions here! *

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#161 val81602

val81602
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

Ok I am a little worried.  I have Brittany right now and have not had any problems.  What problems did yall experience with her and when did they start happening?  Now im freaking out a bit.

#162 H-Town Liz

H-Town Liz
    • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

VAL81602 .....

See my write up of my experience.  It is #137 of this string.  If you need more help finding it let me know...I will re-post.  Brittany seemed very nice, but she not capable to handle basic tasks and was constantly messing up things.  My original post details out some of the big mess ups.  I would suggest you request another TA.  It was such a disaster with her, I would not wish the heartache I suffered due to her inability to do her job upon any bride. 

Elizabeth [/COLOR]

#163 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
      • 183 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

Glad to hear I could help out, just bumping this post because I believe their sale is ending soon. So far, I've gotten T-shirts, tote bags, pens, baseball caps, sticky note pads, postcards, letterheads, a banner and business cards...without even giving them my credit card number.

#164 val81602

val81602
        • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

H-Town

I found the post and am going to have to speak with them about it.  I am luckily in the early stages of planning.  I couldn't imagine not having the paperwork going to another country.  I think I would flip.  I assume you live in the Houston area because of the name.  Do you mind if I ask who you used as a TA was it someone locally?  I live in Houston as well.  Thanks.

#165 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Please keep this in mind, specifically the bold portion at the bottom of the first post ... http://www.bestdesti...w-wright-travel

#166 H-Town Liz

H-Town Liz
            • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:10 AM

Val80612

I am from Houston.  I did not use another TA from the Houston area.  Brittany from www.destinationweddings.com  had handled all of the hotel bookings for myself and my guests. 

Elizabeth [/COLOR]

#167 ashleeandkurt11

ashleeandkurt11
              • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

I contacted them and ended up asking for my money back.  I don't know how they do or say that they do destination weddings.  The consultant I had was forcing me into a place like a used car salesman.  Pretty hard sell.  I asked for a change and got the same thing.  Then when I asked about the resort's wedding stuff I got no response back, just about the travel and what the resort could do for me.  Finally I asked for my money back because all they were doing is selling me travel which any travel agent could do.  That is why I scratch my head as to how they can say destination weddings when all I felt they wanted my travel money.  I want someone to hold my hand, not keep searching the internet to find out what I should be doing.  Thankfully I found someone who is working with us on both our wedding planning and all of the travel stuff.  Less headaches for me and no used car sales man pitches.  I have learned more in the few weeks with this lady then I did getting bounced around those guys.  I don't know if I can say her name here or suggest with the TOS but you can email me.  All I can tell you is she is not with Destination Weddings.com, she is out of Chicago.

#168 ashleeandkurt11

ashleeandkurt11
                • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

Excuse my newbie to the board here but something is bugging the death of me.  So many people in this one alone talk about how bad or problems with them but this board has an advertisement of them up in the top right hand corner.  I don't get it.  Maybe they don't know then someone should tell them.  Are they endorses them or not?  I'm confused.

#169 taylorwd

taylorwd
                  • 932 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ashleeandkurt11 

Excuse my newbie to the board here but something is bugging the death of me.  So many people in this one alone talk about how bad or problems with them but this board has an advertisement of them up in the top right hand corner.  I don't get it.  Maybe they don't know then someone should tell them.  Are they endorses them or not?  I'm confused.

Are you sure there's a destinationweddings.com advertisement at the top of the page?  There's a Best Destination Wedding one, which is for the TAs on this forum, but I've never seen one for DW.com.

#170 ashleeandkurt11

ashleeandkurt11
                    • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, it is on there as I type right now.  It is a box Ads by Google above Featured Sponsors. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users