27 replies to this topic

#11 gunde

gunde
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lnucks
    Jackie,

Can you e-mail me the pictures of the Occidental Grand Xcaret that you have. I would love to see them because I am having a really tough time deciding between the Moon Palace, Dreams Cancun & Tulum, Riu Palace, Azul and the Occidental. This is so hard because I am going to have to make a blind decision without visiting first because I have to book the date in the next couple of days!!! Ahhhhhh! : )
    let me know what you decide. I'm in the same situation!!! I want a more contemporary style so I was leaning toward Moon Palace or Dreams Cancun. My twin sister said Dreams Tulum is nice but the night life sucks. I know the Palace resorts do free excursions which my mom seems excited about. When are you getting married? Do you know how fast these place book up?

#12 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:53 AM

Jackie, after looking at the pictures, are you planning to do an inside or outside reception? I like the ceremony setup, and I like the outside reception with the blue tables the best.

#13 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
        Jackie, after looking at the pictures, are you planning to do an inside or outside reception? I like the ceremony setup, and I like the outside reception with the blue tables the best.
        I think the outside looks the prettiest too. The inside/outside beach house one looks good too but I would need to dress it up a little with some lighting maybe. The only concern I have with the outside is that I really didnt want to be walking on sand the whole time. But the beach house wich in a way is cute because you are covered but still outside, it just looks very drab to me. I'm hopeing that these pics are just not great quality and thats the problem.
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#14 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:03 PM

jackie, i am not a fan of receptions on the sand either...some older guests have a hard time walking on sand....BUT i think the beach house is perfect. you can totally dress it up with lanterns, luminaries, candles...it will look awesome!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by host
          jackie, i am not a fan of receptions on the sand either...some older guests have a hard time walking on sand....BUT i think the beach house is perfect. you can totally dress it up with lanterns, luminaries, candles...it will look awesome!
          I'm thinking your right Tammy. With some small touches I think it could look really nice. I loved Rebecca's luminaries. I cant wait to start that process of wedding planning.

#16 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:48 PM

found another pic floating around on the web.
            Click the image to open in full size.

#17 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

And another Pic!

#18 shanaynayf1

shanaynayf1
              • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:47 PM

It looks so beautiful...the ceremony area looks a bit small, do you know how many can they accomodate?...i am hoping for no MORE then 75 at the most...I also love the reception on the beach.... I like the whole sand effect, Im definately going to do an outside one on the sand.
                Shannon

#19 Jackie

Jackie
                • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

Thats a good question. Ive never asked because I know I wont exceed 40 people and really probably it will be between 15-25.
                  You should try E-mailing Edith and asking what the maximum guest capacity is.
                  In this picture It looks like you could easily fit 75.

#20 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
                  • 420 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:19 AM

Jackie, these look great! Thanks for all the pics, I am definitely thinking of this resort too, will email Edith.

Why do you consider Dreams Cancun to be the 'safer' choice?? Just curious.

How do prices for Dreams, Grand XCaret, Grand Palladium and Moons compare??

I feel like I'm making progress!!! BUt maybe it's an illusion.
                    Margaret & Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users