26 replies to this topic

#11 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

for me the peelies were worse...i mean giant pices of skin would peel off...the redness you can blame on skiing or something.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

Ok yeah that sounds nasty! I think I'll take that week off and stay home!

#13 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
    • VIP Member
    • 931 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:08 PM

Tammy. how much was the treatment?

I have really bad acne scarring too. When I got to college, I started breaking out like crazy - horribly cystic acne, the whole bit. I still don't have perfect skin and it KILLS me to see the scarring. it might be worth springing for this in general, not just for the wedding.

#14 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:23 AM

tasha, i had a horrible gigantic cyst the size of a golfball on my temple. i could not sleep on my side because it was too painful...i had to get a patch of my hair shaved off and the cyst surgically removed...it was no joke how bad my acne got...for about 9 months.

the combination package was about $2500 (6 IPL, 6 microderms, and obagi/retin a) but i think you can get it cheaper now. you may just want to try obagi and see if that will work for you...? obagi alone is about $250.

even though it was expensive, i kick myself about not doing it sooner...my skin looks great now and i could have saved myself a year or feeling unhappy with my skin.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:25 PM

thanks for the info. I am going to check it out.

acne sucks. seriously.

#16 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:44 PM

when you call places, ask if they have any promos going...alot of times they have them but don't always tell people that call in. also, stay away from America Laser Centers. they are a rip off and the staffs not that knowledgeable.

Awards and recognition: 

#17 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:26 AM

So I went to the derm doc today and had my consultation. The plan for me currently is to treat my current acne issues (I swear, since we got engaged my face has gone crazy!) with Retin A, Benzaclin, and possibly oral antibiotics if needed. I am also getting Microderm Abrasion and an Acne Facial every 4 weeks. By the way- had my first microderm abrasion today- if anyone has never had that done, your skin looks and feels so nice afterwards, I thought it was definitely worth the $$.
          Then, once that is under control, we're going to either do Laser, Obagi, or some combo, we'll see....Thanks for the tip!

#18 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:38 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
          So I went to the derm doc today and had my consultation. The plan for me currently is to treat my current acne issues (I swear, since we got engaged my face has gone crazy!) with Retin A, Benzaclin, and possibly oral antibiotics if needed. I am also getting Microderm Abrasion and an Acne Facial every 4 weeks. By the way- had my first microderm abrasion today- if anyone has never had that done, your skin looks and feels so nice afterwards, I thought it was definitely worth the $$.
          Then, once that is under control, we're going to either do Laser, Obagi, or some combo, we'll see....Thanks for the tip!
          sarah, if you can, push your DR to derm obagi, laser early january...it takes min 16 weeks for obagi to go through all the cycles AND you will need 4-6 laser treatments and those have to be spaced 3 weeks apart...

so your face is ready and recovered for your wedding...you want to get off retin a week before going to mexico

Awards and recognition: 

#19 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

Sounds like a good plan Tammy. It's so nice to have someone who's already experienced this!

#20 jessicanparti

jessicanparti
            • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

How much is this obagi? Can I get more details, PLEASE!!! The Proactiv does not work! Could you personal message me--I get lost..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users