So mad at CasaMagna Marriott!!!!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Yari

• VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:25 PM

I just got off the phone with the Director of Events Claudia and they have agreed to give us the room block. She will also upgrade us to a suite and provide free welcome beverages. I am so happy this is starting to get fixed.

We are supposed to get the contract today.

I still am upset at how we were treated and we are still planning on contacting corporate. I also told Claudia about this forum and to beware of their antics because it will get broadcast to other brides. (My FI was so annoyed that I mentioned this during our negoitations.)

Let this drama be over...

#32 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

i have to tell you that alot of hotel WC are members of this forum so they are listening...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#33 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

The drama is over!

We booked our room block at The Hotel Tropicana! The rates we got were awesome...$89 for Superior Ocean View and $73 for Standard Ocean View.

They were so easy to work with Brian and I were like is that really it!?!?

Yay, a load has been lifted off my shoulders.

Thank you to everyone and Tammy B for all of your help with this.

You rock!!!

#34 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

That's great Yari!
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#35 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:37 AM

Fantastic! One less thing to stress about :)

#36 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

Thats great that you got it all figured out. I had a problem with the Marriott Casamagna in Cancun. Went on a site visit, everything seemed wonderful.. told the WC our date and she didn't give us a problem about it. As soon as we get back home and email her to confirm we want it, she told us that nothing is available from Jan-March of '09 because of big conventions. NOT COOL. Something that could've been told to me a week prior when I was there. I guess that the Marriott is very "business" involved and it comes first before any weddings.

#37 becks

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

Hi Yari: I'm glad you got it all sorted, and forgive me for being a bit spiteful, but I'm glad you didn't go with the Casa Magna.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#38 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

Aye yi yi, I just read this. We wanted to go check this place out on our visit and were disappointed that we didn't get to - NOT ANYMORE! I really hope the Westin is better about this... aye yi yi. It really does seem like these big hotel chains down there put you wayyyy below conventions and things like that.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users