Sign in to follow this  
Yari

So mad at CasaMagna Marriott!!!!

I just got off the phone with the Director of Events Claudia and they have agreed to give us the room block. She will also upgrade us to a suite and provide free welcome beverages. I am so happy this is starting to get fixed.

We are supposed to get the contract today.

I still am upset at how we were treated and we are still planning on contacting corporate. I also told Claudia about this forum and to beware of their antics because it will get broadcast to other brides. (My FI was so annoyed that I mentioned this during our negoitations.)

Let this drama be over...

The drama is over!

We booked our room block at The Hotel Tropicana! The rates we got were awesome...$89 for Superior Ocean View and $73 for Standard Ocean View.

They were so easy to work with Brian and I were like is that really it!?!?

Yay, a load has been lifted off my shoulders.

Thank you to everyone and Tammy B for all of your help with this.

You rock!!! rockon.gif

Thats great that you got it all figured out. I had a problem with the Marriott Casamagna in Cancun. Went on a site visit, everything seemed wonderful.. told the WC our date and she didn't give us a problem about it. As soon as we get back home and email her to confirm we want it, she told us that nothing is available from Jan-March of '09 because of big conventions. NOT COOL. Something that could've been told to me a week prior when I was there. I guess that the Marriott is very "business" involved and it comes first before any weddings.

Hi Yari: I'm glad you got it all sorted, and forgive me for being a bit spiteful, but I'm glad you didn't go with the Casa Magna.

Aye yi yi, I just read this. We wanted to go check this place out on our visit and were disappointed that we didn't get to - NOT ANYMORE! I really hope the Westin is better about this... aye yi yi. It really does seem like these big hotel chains down there put you wayyyy below conventions and things like that.