Newbie, Oklahoma girl planning Playa wedding

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MexiBride08

MexiBride08
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:39 PM

Hello gals!

My name is Jennifer. My finance Dusty and I are planning a beach wedding near Playa Del Carmen tentatively for May 23, 2008.

I have no idea on how many to expect!

Just got started planning!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:48 PM

Welcome, Jennifer! When did you get engaged? Congratulations!

Let us know if you have any specific questions and we'll be happy to help!

#3 MexiBride08

MexiBride08
      • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

Just about a week ago! Just started the planning process. Family already hounding me for details, so this weekend I sat down and sorted it all out.

I feel like 5/28/08 is forever away, but that really is the best time for me.
        Spring of 07 is just too quick to me, summer is so busy (we spend a lot of time at the lake), then fall comes and it is rainy/hurricane season (too much stress for me) and the the holidays are crazy for me at work. So really Spring of 08 seems to make the most sense for us. In May schools gets out and it is low season making it more affordable for everyone to attend.

When I told everyone I want a destination wedding I guess that they just expected me to get it done right away. Everyone acts like I have the longest engagement ever... but oh well... it is my wedding.

Too much info maybe.... sorry I am a rambler!

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

Nope, not too much info- we love hearing details!
          Welcome to the forum, and let us know how we can help :)

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

jennifer, welcome to the forum!

our moderator of the riviera maya forum, Jackie (RYJAXS19) has alot of information on the different resorts...she is also planning a 2008 wedding so check in with her!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MexiBride08
            Just about a week ago! Just started the planning process. Family already hounding me for details, so this weekend I sat down and sorted it all out.

I feel like 5/28/08 is forever away, but that really is the best time for me.
            Spring of 07 is just too quick to me, summer is so busy (we spend a lot of time at the lake), then fall comes and it is rainy/hurricane season (too much stress for me) and the the holidays are crazy for me at work. So really Spring of 08 seems to make the most sense for us. In May schools gets out and it is low season making it more affordable for everyone to attend.

When I told everyone I want a destination wedding I guess that they just expected me to get it done right away. Everyone acts like I have the longest engagement ever... but oh well... it is my wedding.

Too much info maybe.... sorry I am a rambler!
            Yeah, I am so excited to have someone planning a wedding around the same time as us. We will be getting married at the end of May 2008 also in the Playa Del Carmen Area. All the reasons you have listed are dead on with why we have chossen May also. Anything else would be to soon and than if you were to choose Fall you are heading into hurricane season and everyone is also worrying about the holidays.... So May 2008 it is!

I have been researching for a couple of months now and have really concentrated on the All Inclusive resorts/locations. If that is the route you are going than I would check out.

Dreams Tulum
            Aventura Palace Resort
            RIU
            El Dorado Royale
            Excellence Riviera (I think they are changing names though)
            Royal Porto Real

These are a few of the resorts with the best reviews and readily available information. There are other great resorts also but not that much wedding info on them.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#7 MexiBride08

MexiBride08
            • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:17 PM

Jackie,

Have you been to weddingmexico.com? It is a great resource. Details packages each of the areas resorts offer and also lists pricing. Not using them to book (never emailed me back), but it is a good place to scan info.

#8 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:55 PM

Yes, I have been over there and it is a really good site for resources. Just double check when you are using them that their information is up to date. My resort raised some areas of there prices and lowered some areas of their prices and weedingmexico.com doesnt have the updated info yet. But in general I'd say they are good for an easy way to scout info on resorts.

#9 Jackie

Jackie
                • 2,290 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

We choose the Occidental Grand Xcaret. 1. because of the reviews (really good resort reviews) 2. because of the prices (very affordable for our guests) 3. because of the location (10 minutes from the center of Playa Del Carmen)
                  The only bad thing about this resort is that there is just not a whole heck of a lot of info floating on the web. Also the WC, Edith, is not very good at replying back to you untill your wedding date is 6 months or sooner, I have heard from 3 brides that have been married there that have said to not worry about this and that Edith is wonderfull though. We are going there for a site visit in September.
                  Here is the link if you want to check the resort out!
                  Occidental Grand Xcaret - All Inclusive Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico luxury vacations

But as I said before the ones with the resorts with the most wedding information and the best wedding reviews are definitly the ones I mentioned before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users