Jump to content

Recommended Posts

i think that if people only have 6 months to save and make reservations, you should definitely give them a heads up of some sort...but like someone else said, make sure that you and fi are on the same page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

catherine - i agree with everyone else - i think the STD cards are important - people are starting to plan their vacations and need to allocate their time off appropriately. it also depends on how many guests you will be expecting and all that.

 

have you set a place and started planning the ceremony and reception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008 View Post
catherine - i agree with everyone else - i think the STD cards are important - people are starting to plan their vacations and need to allocate their time off appropriately. it also depends on how many guests you will be expecting and all that.

have you set a place and started planning the ceremony and reception?
I have everything but the ring and the ok to shout it from the roof. I think he is waiting to the last minute because he really wants to elope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that makes sense, what about making a compromise on the elopment thing? Do something local with everyone you want to be there (a nice dinner out to celebrate and do your legal ceremony) and then go to a symbolic ceremony just the two of you-that could be really romantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
that makes sense, what about making a compromise on the elopment thing? Do something local with everyone you want to be there (a nice dinner out to celebrate and do your legal ceremony) and then go to a symbolic ceremony just the two of you-that could be really romantic.
I JUST WANT TO GET MARRIED. WE COULD STAND ON THE CORNER FOR ALL I CARE. voodoo.gifi like this smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I got to that point a few times during my planning.

I would sit down with him and talk to him about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so would you be happy eloping? if so, that's the easiest option. But, only if you know you'd be happy with that. If it's what he really wants you might want to consider it. I thought eloping would be fun because then we could go wherever we want. We chose mexico because it's affordable for guests. if we eloped we would have gone somewhere we've never been before and we would have traveled around more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
so would you be happy eloping? if so, that's the easiest option. But, only if you know you'd be happy with that. If it's what he really wants you might want to consider it. I thought eloping would be fun because then we could go wherever we want. We chose mexico because it's affordable for guests. if we eloped we would have gone somewhere we've never been before and we would have traveled around more.
yes i would have no problem eloping and having a party for our 1st year anni. money has been tight and our son's career is moving forward so it wouldnt bother me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm that might be an option for you right now then, then you could go somewhere really cool and romantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×