Photo

Arrival Date?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 angitalia23

angitalia23
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

I just went on the new Dreams site, thanks to Leia. Did anyone know about this rule:

Mexico requires that you be in the country at least four business days prior. Saturdays, Sundays and Mexican holidays do not count. Your arrival day also does not count toward the “business day” requirement. You must arrive four FULL business days prior.

I thought you only had to be a resident for 48hours or something like that? We are arriving on Saturday and our wedding will be on Thursday. Thats not four full days if weekends do not count.

Im confused?
    Anthony & Angela
    19 June 2008

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:16 PM

im not entirely sure that's correct. my FMIL in mexico city told us it was legally 3 full days prior to the wedding day (so if wedding is sat, you should arrive tues) when we were debating whether or not to get a legal ceremony in mex... perhaps this is a rule just with dreams with the added extra day? definitely shoot your WC an email about that...

#3 angitalia23

angitalia23
    • 1,029 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

thanks mauraw im going to run it by Dreams, Im stressing out big time leading up our wedding and just want to make sure im good on all of my information.

Your so lucky to be in Chicago right now, its one of my favorite cities!
      Anthony & Angela
      19 June 2008

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

angela,

i think they are padding the dates a bit...you'll be fine with your dates...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

I bet they say four days as a safety net. But defintely get in touch with your WC and make sure they understand when you are arriving and all. I have heard of them not going entirely by those guidelines which is why I am thinking it is just a Dreams thing.

#6 kristendotcom

kristendotcom
        • 294 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:56 AM

Yeah I saw and contacted Yesica about that too because we arrive on Friday afternoon and our wedding is on Wednesday. I was a little worried about it. She said it will be fine, she will set up our blood tests for Monday morning and they have the results in 24 hours. Also your witnesses have to be there 4 days in advance too and ours won't be (most of them are getting in on Sunday or Monday) so she said I copy email her copys of their drivers licenses and information. My travel agent told me they just want to have you there 4 days in advance so they can plan all the final details with you and make sure its not crunched for time.

#7 destinationcabo

destinationcabo
          • 74 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

I'm a little confused and nervous now. We are arriving on a Saturday and our wedding is Monday....
            Maye, our WC, said it should be fine - that our blood test is set-up for Saturday as soon as we arrive at our hotel....

#8 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,513 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

I'm arriving on a Monday and our Wedding Date is Thursday - It specifically says on the Moon Palace Website in Cancun that you have to be there 3 days prior and as long as you are there before 3 p.m. on the arrival date that counts as one day. So why would there be a difference just because of different resorts??

#9 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by destinationcabo
              I'm a little confused and nervous now. We are arriving on a Saturday and our wedding is Monday....
              Maye, our WC, said it should be fine - that our blood test is set-up for Saturday as soon as we arrive at our hotel....
              they dont actually always need 3 actual days, that's just what the supposed legal requirement is. oftentimes they do it quicker. kate (LALA) got married in may and posted somewhere about her experience with the blood test stuff being super quick. if maye says youll be fine, dont stress about it. since she does it often enough, i think she probably knows best

#10 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Betsy
              I'm arriving on a Monday and our Wedding Date is Thursday - It specifically says on the Moon Palace Website in Cancun that you have to be there 3 days prior and as long as you are there before 3 p.m. on the arrival date that counts as one day. So why would there be a difference just because of different resorts??
              because resorts may pad their date, wanting you to stay an extra night or two... thats my guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users