Please edit/review my invite (spanish version included)!

Thanks ladies!!! I'm really excited about them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Amy those are beautiful! Great job...my only suggestion is the place where you have your parents names is off center.

Otherwise those are amazing! You did a fabulous job

Thanks Christine!

I should've pointed out that I deleted the last names on the parents names, lol. Otherwise they are centered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
those are beautiful! the only thing I've got to say is that the script-y writing is a little hard for me to read, but it probably looks different in person. maybe if they were one point bigger??
I know, that script is so pretty but so hard to read! Its the reason why I added a third script and used it for our names. The problem is I'm limited with size. I'm making the pocket folds myself out of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. the final envelope will only be 8 1/2 by 4 so I needed to make sure all the inserts fit. I figure, most ppl know our parents names, and the location so they can make it out, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Amy I think they are amazing! I agree with Christine- I'd maybe center the parents' names- other than that I wouldn't change a single thing....

OK, you know I'm a font junkie. Will you share what fonts you used? I really love the script one your names are in- but would love to know which you used for everything if you're willing to spill the secret :)

Thanks sarah! What a compliment coming from you :)

I will def share my secrets, you know I don't hold out. I was going to wait until I finished them to post pics and instructions, but these are the fonts ( I tried attached them too.)

Scripts- Helinda Rook and Carpenter Block- Episode I

(Gotto love dafont.com)

I REALLY wanted to use Cezanne but I didn't want to pay for a font. So I felt that Carpenter could still give it that look. But yes, its hard read sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks View Post
I love them - I agree with Christine that your parents names look a bit off center.

Also - LOVE!!!!! that you indicated the number of seats you had for them - no unexpected guests. Absoulutely BRILLIANT!!!

Thanks! We needed to at this point. I actually left the space blank when we sent our Preliminary RSVP (w/ our STD's) and EVERYONE warned me. So there were quite a few suprises (i.e. someone I was expecting to say 2 said 5!) So I'm going to add the # of ppl the indicated when they responded to the Prelim Response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE View Post
Great job! These look wonderful. I love the first line..."Because you have shared in the lives of our children..."

Beautiful.

Thanks! I really wanted to incoorporate this line. I acutally took three different invites, 2 friends and Anny's, and meshed the words together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Great job! I was going to say the same thing about the parent's names, but the design queens beat me to it.

I do think the font your location is in might be a little hard to read, but maybe if that line was just a little bigger it would be fine. It's such a cool font I probably wouldn't change it. Where you wrote "cocktail" it's not hard to read, so I think it just needs a little more size.

Beautiful work!

Thanks!! so much !!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a space in amistad between the "amist" and "ad"? It could just be the font and the way they space those letters, just wondering...

But I think they are gorgeous Amy! I love that you did a Spanish and English version, and I've always loved your colors. Great job doing them yourself!!!

That makes sense about the last names...lol

I thought that was Carpenter :) I remember when you were looking for that one- I actually forgot about it. Thanks for sharing! I really like the Helinda Rook script too. I think I've also seen that one before, just never saved it- now I have! Thanks for sharing. Fonts can make or break a project- your selection is superb! Much impressed, once again. They are lovely, and your guests will be blown away by your creativity (although they won't believe you made them!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Is there a space in amistad between the "amist" and "ad"? It could just be the font and the way they space those letters, just wondering...

But I think they are gorgeous Amy! I love that you did a Spanish and English version, and I've always loved your colors. Great job doing them yourself!!!
Thanks Jamy! The font I'm using makes it look like there is a space. Its a really weird font to work with. I needed to place 2 space between each word yet w/in the same work, you can obviously see a gap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Thanks! i love the fonts. They are not in my font arsenal.

I agree that even if it's a little hard to read a few lines, everyone knows what they say.
I love fonts too!!! I think I visit dafont.com just as much as I do BDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
That makes sense about the last names...lol

I thought that was Carpenter :) I remember when you were looking for that one- I actually forgot about it. Thanks for sharing! I really like the Helinda Rook script too. I think I've also seen that one before, just never saved it- now I have! Thanks for sharing. Fonts can make or break a project- your selection is superb! Much impressed, once again. They are lovely, and your guests will be blown away by your creativity (although they won't believe you made them!).
Yes, thanks to who ever found it for me, lol. I still would've loved cezanne though, but it was pretty pricey and I wasn't sure if it would have accent marks for the spanish version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
that makes sense about the names, okay well then they are perfect and it just makes me sad I can't go. We will have to do something fun for our renunion in 2009 instead.
I know Christine. Please stop reminding me that we are attending your HS reunion next year, lol!

• VIP Member

These look SO nice! I love them!

The only thing that seems a little odd to me was after COCKTAILS it says prior to reception... but the times kind of indicate that already. No big deal, they are still gorgeous!!! I love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I know Christine. Please stop reminding me that we are attending your HS reunion next year, lol!
I am so excited, its funny I think a lot of people are starting to get married and have kids, I have gotten back in touch with so many people since myspace and facebook came around and now I am excited to see certain people again. But let's look forward to your wedding first!!!