Cancun shopping?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

Does anyone know how the shopping is in Cancun? We were thinking of buying each other wedding presents while we are there. Is there good jewelry shopping there like at some cruise ship ports? Thank you all!

#2 Adamsgrrl

• 466 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

Some of my guests went to Marketplace 5. I actually sent them there upon hearing it from one of the guests at our hotel who goes to Cancun for shopping often... she said its one of the best places for bargins. My MIL actually went and bought jewerly there but you need to bargin or bring someone with you who is a great barginer. Apparently there's a lot of stuff you can buy from clothes, jewerly, nick nacks etc.

#3 lambert13

• 901 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

Go to Plaza La Isla for higher end shopping.(there are also a bunch of the typical souvenir stores there too.)

Go to Plaza Kulkukan for more middle of the road shopping.

Both are malls and you don't have to deal with all the haggling and bargaining. Kulkukan would be my favorite because it has a bit of everything. And actually it's within walking distance of Plaza La Isla. Plaza La Isla is very nice at night too because its open air with waterways running through it. Makes for a nice evening walking around.

#4 Cancun Studios

Cancun Studios
        • Vendor
        • 32 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:49 PM

For the kind of shopping you are looking for, I would recommend Kukulkan Plaza. It is an upscale shopping mall with an exclusive area called Luxury Avenue. There you will find all of the top brands like Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Lalique, Lladro, Christofle, Baccarat, Salvatore Ferragamo, Ermenegildo Zegna, Tous, Swarovski Crystal, Tiffany & Co, Rolex, Longchamp and many others.

#5 Cali

• 281 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

thx for posting this post...

#6 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

I also really enjoyed La Isla as an evening activity since as Jason says it's outdoors and overall just pretty

#7 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

There are some great places to shop, do keep in mind they're going to be expensive. But you can find some very unique jewelry that you don't see anywhere else.

#8 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

Ok great thanks all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users