Sign in to follow this  
Leslie-Xcaret09

Another newbie!!

hello everyone! My name is Leslie and I am in the early stages of planning a destination wedding for April of 2009. This looks like a great site...im so glad I found it!

We plan on having around 40 guest including some children. A couple resorts that we have looked into are the Occidental Grand Xcaret in Mexico and the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. My travel agent is getting information on some other resorts that she would like me to look at ...which hopefully she will have for me this week.

Any information on either of these resorts or even a different kid friendly resort....please let me know! I would like an all inclusive resort that isn't too expensive for guests.

Thanks!

Goodluck with your planning. Iberostar in the DR looked pretty nice and kid friendly, also the Melia Caribe looked very kid friendly. I'm not really sure the prices for them though sorry! I knew the prices a few months ago, but have since forgotten!

Welcome! I'm new too but my wedding is in May 2008 in Hanalei Kauai. This site has everything. Just remember to use the "search" feature to dig up the answers to timeless questions.

welcome4.gif Hello you will find a ton of good information on this site. If you are looking at the DR and the Iberostar, those are one of the best resorts we have ever stayed at. The beaches in the DR are the best!! We are getting married in Jamaica because it's my FI favorite but mine is the DR.

Thank You everyone! How to choose btw DR and Mexicohuh.gif! I saw many negative forums on Majestic Colonial so I think I will forget about that one.....most people say that they through in ALOT of hidden costs. I'll look into the Iberostar now...thanks :)