Photo

WedShare vs. Wedding Window

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 living_memories

living_memories
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

I've read LOTS on WeddingWindow on here, but has anyone used WedShare? I think I've narrowed it down to these two. Looking for planning features too.

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

I am not familiar with either ... we use WedQuarters for oiur website and I am using mostly spreadsheets and such from the forum for the budget planning, etc. I use The Knot, WeddingChannel, etc for timeline info, etc.

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

I used wedding window and I really liked it. My DH is a techie guy who can write HTML but I am not at all, so it was the best for both of us. It was super user friendly and it had features to make it look very creative and professional for people who visited.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:32 AM

we used wedding window and WE LOVE IT. We've gotten so many compliments on how nice our site looks. Plus it was super easy to set up

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

i posted somewhere else on the forum earlier today about how we LOVE our wedding window site. we get so many compliments and people are always telling us theyre so impressed with how beautiful it is. and it was SO easy to set up, and we even did our own domain name through godaddy instead of through wedding window. it was super easy and a little more cost effective IMHO.

#6 mdw2dtw

mdw2dtw
        • 73 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:56 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mauraw
          i posted somewhere else on the forum earlier today about how we LOVE our wedding window site. we get so many compliments and people are always telling us theyre so impressed with how beautiful it is. and it was SO easy to set up, and we even did our own domain name through godaddy instead of through wedding window. it was super easy and a little more cost effective IMHO.
          Yep, we are building ours on wedding window and like mauraw said, buy your own domain and try not to pay more than 10.00/yr. (bought ours for 6.00/yr)for it, that way you own it when your wedding window contract expires.

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mdw2dtw
            Yep, we are building ours on wedding window and like mauraw said, buy your own domain and try not to pay more than 10.00/yr. (bought ours for 6.00/yr)for it, that way you own it when your wedding window contract expires.
            I never thought about that. So can you do this with weddingannouncer, or some of the other free sites where you can't have your own domain name?

Could I have bought a name we wanted from godaddy and then link it to my weddingannouncer site?

It's too late for me, because I've already sent out my STDs with the weddingannouncer url, but I think it would be great info to give future brides.

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

im not positive if you can add your own domain name to some of the other ones, but im guessing you can. all you have to do is change the A record of the domain name to point to your site at wherever its hosted.

it was really easy to do, and a godaddy person walked me through it over the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users