Photo

Reception prices more than double what I thought

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 starfish kate

starfish kate
  • 455 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:45 PM

I have had what I thought was the wedding catering menu for the reception location we want, but come to find out, I was reading it wrong. I thought that it said that the prices are $75 per person, plus $35 for the whole all-inclusive package which includes the site rental, drinks, etc. Now I find out that it is at least $175 per person! I am so bummed... I love this place. I think they word things like this on purpose. This is part of the email I got:

The Grand Pavilion can accommodate a day wedding from 11:30am until 4:30pm and an evening wedding from 6:30pm until 11:30pm. A wedding ceremony may be scheduled approximately thirty minutes prior to a reception. We require a minimum of 135 guests for the reception held on a Saturday evening, a minimum of 110 guests for receptions on Friday and Sunday evenings, and a minimum of 80 guests for a Saturday or Sunday day wedding. A reception at the Outer Bar & Grille requires a minimum of 40 guests and has a timeframe of 5:00pm through 10:00pm. Please inquire directly regarding availability for smaller gatherings.
    The attached Catering Planning Guide is used for both corporate and social functions, so some of the information, including the ala carte pricing is not applicable to you. Weddings are set up in comprehensive packages that are inclusive of the facility rental fees. These packages are further detailed on pages 3 and 4 of the Catering Planning Guide. Wequassett’s 2009 wedding menus are offered on three levels - Grand, Premier and Platinum. The Grand Package ranges from $140.00 to $290.00 per person, the Premier from $175.00 to $325.00 and the Platinum from $225.00 to $375.00 per person. The pricing of each package varies depending upon the time of day, day of week, and time of year you opt to get married. All prices are subject to a 16.5% Service charge, 1.5% administrative fee and 5% tax.
    Kate

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

yikes! That's high. Especially with the tip, tax & fees.

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

Sheesh! Ready to give a DW another try?? LOL

Seriously though, that is expensive! Do you think you are going to have to switch locations?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:56 PM

what a freakin bummer

have you looked anywhere else that you like? that seems outrageously expensive.

#5 FutureMrs.L

FutureMrs.L
        • 127 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

Yikes, that is alot of money. That really sucks! What are you going to do now? If you don't do the cape anymore, I know someone that had a wedding at the Botanical gardens in Boylston. The pics looked so nice and you did not feel like you were in MA.

#6 starfish kate

starfish kate
          • 455 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

I haven't booked this place yet, and I still have plenty of time. (Not to mention I don't have a ring yet.) But I had my heart set on it. Oh well.

I'd still love to do a real DW, but it would cause way too many issues with FMIL, and it's just not worth it to me. She is already complaining about FBIL getting married in his FI's home state....
            Kate

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starfish kate

I'd still love to do a real DW, but it would cause way too many issues with FMIL, and it's just not worth it to me. She is already complaining about FBIL getting married in his FI's home state....
              **eye roll @ FMIL**

That is a bad situation to be in. I understand what you're saying about it not being worth the drama but it stinks because this is YOUR wedding!!! Grrrrr....

Is she at least helping to cover the extra costs? I think you should throw that on her! LOL

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 starfish kate

starfish kate
              • 455 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                **eye roll @ FMIL**

That is a bad situation to be in. I understand what you're saying about it not being worth the drama but it stinks because this is YOUR wedding!!! Grrrrr....

Is she at least helping to cover the extra costs? I think you should throw that on her! LOL
                I know, I know.... Mike isn't exactly a Mama's boy, but he's the closest to her of the 3 brothers. And no, she's not covering any costs that I'm aware of.
                Kate

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Holy crap that's expensive. I've heard the East Coast was way more expensive than the West.

I understand the issue with FMIL. To be honest, if she isn't paying, I would be more apt to do whatever you want. My FMIL was really upset we decided Mexico. We didn't think she was going to come. Well she booked last week. Apparently, she put her priorities in perspective and decided it was more important to her to see her son get married. We are so happy she is coming because it makes me feel less bad. :)
                  Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users