#1 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:27 PM

Has anyone looked at or bought any of the dresses from JCrew, I really like the most simple one they have, and their regular summer dresses have so many colors I really like them for bridesmaids.
I am just nervous about ordering things online.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

Do you have a JCrew near you that you can check out.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

janet's bms had jcrew dresses and they were beautiful

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:39 PM

they don't carry their wedding dresses in the stores. I just found the one I wanted on clearance for $99, so I ordered it in two sizes and I will have to send it back if I don't like it....I also found some great dresses for my bridesmaids and I ordered those too, I guess we'll see.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 VALERIE

VALERIE
    • 97 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:33 AM

I found a couple of dresses on the Holiday sale as well! How true are they to size? I can typically either wear an 8 or a 10 depending on the company. Does JCrew run small or large?

#6 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:03 AM

Jcrew has some amazing dresses I would say order the size you typically wear and get it altered if it doesnt fit...they are such simple dresses that Im sure it wouldnt b hard or expensive to alter them...i love their reddish pinkish colour they have so pretty

#7 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

I order a lot of stuff from JCrew - all my suits for work. They fit true to size and are good quality. Easy to alter. I'm guessing the dresses would be similar.

#8 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

Our bridesmaid dresses were from Jcrew (on sale $120!) and we got lots of compliments on them. They are pretty true to size, perhaps a tad on the small size. Their Sophia dress is really flattering.

If you sign up for their emails you will get lots of free shipping offers, and you just return anything you don't like to the store directly. You can also order from the catalogue in the actual store and avoid paying shipping at all.

Click the image to open in full size.

#9 VALERIE

VALERIE
            • 97 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the tips ladies! I just ordered a couple possible choices for the rehersal dinner for 39.99!

There's a free shipping code out there right now if you spend $175. I'm not sure how long it's good for, but it's worth a try if you are going to order. HFS-175

#10 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

I'm looking at the Black/white store for a dress, I seen their stuff online and loved it and went to their store for the first time a couple weeks ago and I could totally go broke in there. So many pretty stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users