Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Recipes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

I received this for my birthday from my Aunt. It's a collection of her recipes in a cute little red box. I haven't tried out any of the recipes yet but they all look delicious! Has anyone else heard of her or made any of these recipes? I cannot wait to pick some of these out and try them! I'll share them here as I make them...

Categories:
    - 20 minute Meals
    - Appetizers/Starters
    - Desserts
    - Everyday Dinners
    - Family Favorites
    - Great Gatherings
    - Grilling
    - Light & Healthful
    - Slow Cooker
    - Soups & Salada

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

ok, my honest opinion...i think her show and recipes are crap...she uses really crappy ingredients and her technique is really bad...maybe i am a food snob but i am always amazed that on her show she has nice cooking gadgets like the kitchenaid but uses a cheapie hand mixer...she is all style, no substance in my opinion...

i know this sounds mean but i watch her show and think "what is she thinking!"

if you google her funny things come up about her calling her the "semi-ho" and stuff because she seems to get wasted on her show alot.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

lol, oh well - I'm still gonna have to try out some of these recipes! We're lazy cooks and just starting out and honestly this looks easy! If they suck I'll let y'all know

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        ok, my honest opinion...i think her show and recipes are crap...she uses really crappy ingredients and her technique is really bad...maybe i am a food snob but i am always amazed that on her show she has nice cooking gadgets like the kitchenaid but uses a cheapie hand mixer...she is all style, no substance in my opinion...

i know this sounds mean but i watch her show and think "what is she thinking!"

if you google her funny things come up about her calling her the "semi-ho" and stuff because she seems to get wasted on her show alot.

hehehehe.... If you're a food snob, so am I... :) I'm the same way about her. I find her show mostly annoying and "gimmicky"...

I tend to think of her as a "Home Ec" teacher: she teaches easy and fast ways to throw together a meal, which is great for people just starting to learn to cook. My mom wasn't the best cook (for real- I was 19 before I realized meat actually had JUICE in it!) and she wasn't exactly the 'motherly' type to teach me how to cook. So the Sandra Lee type of cooking was great for me before I started enjoying cooking in my mid-20's.

Now that I've learned how to blend flavors together, tried experimenting and learning that way, etc.... I prefer to create in the kitchen and cook from scratch instead of using a lot of shortcuts like she uses.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
          hehehehe.... If you're a food snob, so am I... :) I'm the same way about her. I find her show mostly annoying and "gimmicky"...

I tend to think of her as a "Home Ec" teacher: she teaches easy and fast ways to throw together a meal, which is great for people just starting to learn to cook. My mom wasn't the best cook (for real- I was 19 before I realized meat actually had JUICE in it!) and she wasn't exactly the 'motherly' type to teach me how to cook. So the Sandra Lee type of cooking was great for me before I started enjoying cooking in my mid-20's.

Now that I've learned how to blend flavors together, tried experimenting and learning that way, etc.... I prefer to create in the kitchen and cook from scratch instead of using a lot of shortcuts like she uses.
          These short cuts are exactly what I'm looking for right now. Sorry food snobs!

Btw, I'd never heard of her before this...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#6 ajncooter

ajncooter
          • 983 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

I love her.. I have am a cook and a food snob and I have used her recipes many times for different holiday occasions.. good luck you might like it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users