Makeup for groom??

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

Are you wanting your FI to wear make up? Or is he?

I can't imagine seeing a groom with make up on. I mean, yes your getting pictures done, but people will be looking and talking to him all night. They would see that he has make up on. It wouldn't be like a "photo shoot" where it's just the two of you and a photog. It's bad to even see too well sculpted eye brows on a man. It doesn't look right.
    Happily married since 2008

#12 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
    • 530 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

yes I have had a couple of grooms get a little luvin from the makeup artist. Maybe its due to living here in so cal?

#13 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

Never heard of it and Matt wouldn't ever consider it. But to each his own!

#14 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
        • 794 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

I know my FI wouldn't do it but I do have guy friends that put on a little makeup = ) To each their own.
          HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
          http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#15 sohappy

sohappy
          • 260 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

What kind of make-up? To stop shine or concealer? I've seen guys use those blotting papers as mentioned. For concealer, I know guys who are in showbiz and are used to it. But never heard of it at a wedding.

#16 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

My DH probably would have left me at the alter at the mere suggestion of him wearing makeup, lol!

#17 Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict
              • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:51 AM

Hey, is it really a so cal thing? because my relatives live in San Diego

The reason am asking.. I've been to several weddings where the grooms' face looked so smooth and polish (--> in a good way, i.e., not oily, clear complexion), nothing cakey or "make up" that we used to imagine. It looked very natural, I couldn't tell.

Perhaps a little light powder, blotting papers, or a good facial?

I didn't dare, but I should have asked
                yes I have had a couple of grooms get a little luvin from the makeup artist. Maybe its due to living here in so cal?

#18 Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict
                • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:58 AM

Not sure, just trying to know the game:)

I couldn't imagine my FI got well sculpted eye brows though! Wait until I see his reaction hearing this
                  Are you wanting your FI to wear make up? Or is he?

I can't imagine seeing a groom with make up on. I mean, yes your getting pictures done, but people will be looking and talking to him all night. They would see that he has make up on. It wouldn't be like a "photo shoot" where it's just the two of you and a photog. It's bad to even see too well sculpted eye brows on a man. It doesn't look right.

#19 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

Maybe they were just really good looking men naturally? LOL I don't know, we live in SoCal and my groom would never wear it, like ever, ever. But I could see someone in the business like a Ryan Seacrest type who normally wears makeup thinking they needed it for their wedding. Maybe...

#20 Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict
                    • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:19 AM

Good points. Thanks!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jean-marcus
                      ya. i shoot about 50 weddings a year. ive seen 1 groom put on make up and well... i was kind of wondering if he really meant to marry a woman or if he showed up by mistake hahah.. seriously though if for some reason he should happen to have a blemish or something its so easy to photoshop that out. make up would just look kind of strange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users