• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:37 AM

Hi! I am a Moon Palace Bride and I'm torn between PAYING extra for a private reception or just doing the dinner that they provide. Has anyone actually done the dinner?? I mean I want it to be exclusive to our wedding party - There are about 30 people coming - Just wondered what everyone was doing!

#2 kiahjane

kiahjane
    • 159 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:03 AM

Hi,
      I'm also getting married at MP, actually the week after you!
      We are doing the private reception. We were happy to do the dinner thing, but my dad REALLY wants dancing and such so we figured we'd just suck it up and pay the additional cost. I've heard great reviews either way, I guess it just depends what you're looking for!
      Best of luck!
      claire

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,655 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:42 AM

if you do a group block you can get free private events.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Alipires1

Alipires1
      • 298 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        if you do a group block you can get free private events.
        What is a group block?

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,655 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 01:48 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Alipires1
        What is a group block?
        if you can guarantee like 20 rooms and do it through a group blocking you can get free events.

a group block is when you block a bunch of rooms at a set rate for your group.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Alipires1

Alipires1
        • 298 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:14 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by host
          if you can guarantee like 20 rooms and do it through a group blocking you can get free events.

a group block is when you block a bunch of rooms at a set rate for your group.
          Oh thanks. This is the main problem I'm finding. We are going to have at least 50 people come. Do you know of any resorts off hand that cater to large group weddings.

I'm trying to do this really inexpensively, so we don't have to have our parents help and we don't have to go into debt.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,655 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:36 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alipires1
          Oh thanks. This is the main problem I'm finding. We are going to have at least 50 people come. Do you know of any resorts off hand that cater to large group weddings.

I'm trying to do this really inexpensively, so we don't have to have our parents help and we don't have to go into debt.
          Dreams, el dorado, palace resorts...most of the larger resorts.

Moon Palace would be really affordable because they do not charge an extra fee for the private event and it is all-inclusive.

Dreams cancun does a nice reception at a great price. el dorado is a little more expensive but they also have beautiful events.

Awards and recognition: 

#8 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

I know MP does offer free packages for a cocktail hour or private reception if you book over 15 rooms or something - and we aren't having that many people come - I just wondered if anyone used the dinner that MP throws in and how it was......

#9 Samantha S

Samantha S
            • 369 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Betsy
              I know MP does offer free packages for a cocktail hour or private reception if you book over 15 rooms or something - and we aren't having that many people come - I just wondered if anyone used the dinner that MP throws in and how it was......
              Please let me know what you go with and how it goes. My FI is really against paying $40-$60 per head for a dinner at an all-inclusive and thinks its ridiculous. But I don't want to have a crappy reception either! We are going with Dreams Cancun and I'm hoping I can come up with some kind of comprimise....

#10 neen

neen
              • 633 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:59 AM

can anyone confirm that El Dorado Royal and the Karisma resorts are adult only? these would have been my top picks but my TA mentioned that they don't allow children and we'll have our 9 nieces and nephews with us...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter