Jump to content

Photo

Toasting Flutes/Cake Cutting Set


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
  • Jr. Member
  • 170 posts

    Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

    I searched for a thread on this but wasn't able to find one. I was just wondering how many of ya'll were bringing your own toasting flutes and cake cutting set or if anyone was just going to use what the resort has?

     

    I was hesitent on buying toasting flutes because I figured they wouldn't make the flight down but I found some that were too cute not to buy so I am just going to have my FI carry them on as his smaller personal item.



    #12 Sharon99

    Sharon99
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,301 posts

      Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

      I have beautiful flutes that my FMIL gave us when we got engaged but I am not bringing them down :( I plan on just using whatever the resort has. I will have so much other stuff to bring and am afraid they would break. Just one less thing to worry about!



      #13 sxcT

      sxcT
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,282 posts

        Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

        I purchased mine from Things Remembered and I am bringing them down there with us and using them again for the home reception.

         

        toasting-flutes-set.jpg



        #14 J-me

        J-me
        • Jr. Member
        • 398 posts

          Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

          I've been looking at this exact set!! It's so pretty :)

           

          What are your plans to get it there & back safely?

           

          Originally Posted by sxcT 

          I purchased mine from Things Remembered and I am bringing them down there with us and using them again for the home reception.

           

          toasting-flutes-set.jpg



           



          #15 sxcT

          sxcT
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,282 posts

            Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

            Actually it comes in a very sturdy case that contains all the items so I am not worried about it much.  I will have to put it in the checked luggage since there are technically two knives in it but I am really not worried.  I'll pad it with bubble wrap and clothes...and pray. :)
             

            Originally Posted by J-me 

            I've been looking at this exact set!! It's so pretty :)

             

            What are your plans to get it there & back safely?

             



             



             



            #16 J-me

            J-me
            • Jr. Member
            • 398 posts

              Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:48 PM


              Perfect - I'm definitely going to get it then! Thanks!
               

              Originally Posted by sxcT 

              Actually it comes in a very sturdy case that contains all the items so I am not worried about it much.  I will have to put it in the checked luggage since there are technically two knives in it but I am really not worried.  I'll pad it with bubble wrap and clothes...and pray. :)
               



               



               



              #17 Aruba Bride

              Aruba Bride
              • Jr. Member
              • 170 posts

                Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

                These are the toasting flutes/knife set that I bought!

                 

                Tube Stem with Crystals Toasting Flutes imageGlittering Beads Personalized Cake Server Set image



                #18 J-me

                J-me
                • Jr. Member
                • 398 posts

                  Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:46 AM


                  These are pretty too - where are they from?
                   

                  Originally Posted by Aruba Bride 

                  These are the toasting flutes/knife set that I bought!

                   

                  Tube Stem with Crystals Toasting Flutes imageGlittering Beads Personalized Cake Server Set image



                   



                  #19 Aruba Bride

                  Aruba Bride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 170 posts

                    Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

                    I actually got them at Maya Couture, which is the place I bought my dress from, but I found them online at David's Bridal also

                     

                    http://www.davidsbri...r:referralID=NA



                    #20 jmastr05

                    jmastr05
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 189 posts

                      Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

                      I didn't bring flutes or cake cutters to my destination for the same reason. As it was we filled 1 1/2 suitcases with wedding supplies, and I tried very hard to bring as little as possible.

                       

                      However I have read posts from lots of brides who did bring their own. I guess it depends on who offers their suitcase space, shipping costs to your destination, number of guests, personal preference, etc. I flew down 2 ring bearer pillows with shells on them. Because of the shells, they had to be padded, which took up even more room than just the pillows themselves. They took up a lot of space and weren't an absolute necessity, but I wanted them!  

                       

                      Originally Posted by Sharon99 

                      I have beautiful flutes that my FMIL gave us when we got engaged but I am not bringing them down :( I plan on just using whatever the resort has. I will have so much other stuff to bring and am afraid they would break. Just one less thing to worry about!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter