Photo

Toasting Flutes/Cake Cutting Set

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

I searched for a thread on this but wasn't able to find one. I was just wondering how many of ya'll were bringing your own toasting flutes and cake cutting set or if anyone was just going to use what the resort has?

I was hesitent on buying toasting flutes because I figured they wouldn't make the flight down but I found some that were too cute not to buy so I am just going to have my FI carry them on as his smaller personal item.

#12 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

I have beautiful flutes that my FMIL gave us when we got engaged but I am not bringing them down :( I plan on just using whatever the resort has. I will have so much other stuff to bring and am afraid they would break. Just one less thing to worry about!

#13 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

I purchased mine from Things Remembered and I am bringing them down there with us and using them again for the home reception.

toasting-flutes-set.jpg

#14 J-me

J-me
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

I've been looking at this exact set!! It's so pretty :)

What are your plans to get it there & back safely?

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

I purchased mine from Things Remembered and I am bringing them down there with us and using them again for the home reception.

toasting-flutes-set.jpg

#15 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

Actually it comes in a very sturdy case that contains all the items so I am not worried about it much.  I will have to put it in the checked luggage since there are technically two knives in it but I am really not worried.  I'll pad it with bubble wrap and clothes...and pray. :)

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

I've been looking at this exact set!! It's so pretty :)

What are your plans to get it there & back safely?

#16 J-me

J-me
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Perfect - I'm definitely going to get it then! Thanks!

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Actually it comes in a very sturdy case that contains all the items so I am not worried about it much.  I will have to put it in the checked luggage since there are technically two knives in it but I am really not worried.  I'll pad it with bubble wrap and clothes...and pray. :)

#17 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

These are the toasting flutes/knife set that I bought!

Tube Stem with Crystals Toasting Flutes imageGlittering Beads Personalized Cake Server Set image

#18 J-me

J-me
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

These are pretty too - where are they from?

Originally Posted by Aruba Bride View Post

These are the toasting flutes/knife set that I bought!

Tube Stem with Crystals Toasting Flutes imageGlittering Beads Personalized Cake Server Set image

#19 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

I actually got them at Maya Couture, which is the place I bought my dress from, but I found them online at David's Bridal also

http://www.davidsbri...r:referralID=NA

#20 jmastr05

jmastr05
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

I didn't bring flutes or cake cutters to my destination for the same reason. As it was we filled 1 1/2 suitcases with wedding supplies, and I tried very hard to bring as little as possible.

However I have read posts from lots of brides who did bring their own. I guess it depends on who offers their suitcase space, shipping costs to your destination, number of guests, personal preference, etc. I flew down 2 ring bearer pillows with shells on them. Because of the shells, they had to be padded, which took up even more room than just the pillows themselves. They took up a lot of space and weren't an absolute necessity, but I wanted them!  

Originally Posted by Sharon99 View Post

I have beautiful flutes that my FMIL gave us when we got engaged but I am not bringing them down :( I plan on just using whatever the resort has. I will have so much other stuff to bring and am afraid they would break. Just one less thing to worry about!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter