Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#1841 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Everything for our OOT bags came in last week and we ordered glow jewelry (in our wedding colors) for our DJ to break out once the reception gets going! Those came today, so I think we just need to order our programs and we are set for ordering things! We still need to pick all of our music, but my fiance has been out of town almost all year, so I wanted to wait to make those decisions when we could be together, so yay for him coming home next Tuesday!

May 6th is coming fast! 

Natalia said Fuentes (Culinary Theater) isn't available for private functions. So they are still holding to that line. She said she's 80% sure Tucanes will become available for us, so we'll wait and see before I go bridezilla on her. 

Our Mad Libs/Guest Book came today from VistaPrint. checking another item off the list! 

#1842 amanda50388

amanda50388
    • 153 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I will be getting married at the El Dorado Royale on April 30th, what photography's have you ladies picked?

#1843 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
      • 458 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

A friend from home is doing ours, but my cousin used Claudia Photo and loved her!

Originally Posted by amanda50388 

I will be getting married at the El Dorado Royale on April 30th, what photography's have you ladies picked?

#1844 ashbrooke3ou

ashbrooke3ou
        • 16 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

I can send you a proof of my program if you need help.  I tried to upload it but the file is too big.  We did fans and I just took the content off of different programs that I found online but I thought they turned out really well.

#1845 ElDorado2012

ElDorado2012
          • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

We are having a friend do ours as well!

Originally Posted by amanda50388 

#1846 ElDorado2012

ElDorado2012
            • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

Are any of you ladies planning excursions (snorkeling, archeological, etc) for your trip, or planning on going out to Playa or Cancun to check out the bar scene any of the nights you are there (or perhaps you have done this on a previous trip)? I have some questions, so I'm just curious...

We just had two more guests fall out today (and I sort of expect more to once payment in full comes due next month). So disappointing...

Lastly, is everyone playing an ipod for the ceremony, or did anyone reserve the classical guitarist?

#1847 jnitschke

jnitschke
              • 251 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

I want a former student of mine, who'll be fresh out of art school next May to do ours.  Let me know what they say about having a friend do it.  If they give you a hard time at any point for not booking with them, if they try to charge you a fee.  That kind of thing... I'm very curious.

#1848 ElDorado2012

ElDorado2012
                • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

If you use your own photographer, you will have to pay the outside vendor fee which I believe is either $500 or $800 (I know, ridiculous). The only way around this is if that individual stays at the resort for 3+ nights. If they do, the fee is waived. Our photographer is staying the required amount of nights, so luckily we won't have to pay that fee.

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

I want a former student of mine, who'll be fresh out of art school next May to do ours.  Let me know what they say about having a friend do it.  If they give you a hard time at any point for not booking with them, if they try to charge you a fee.  That kind of thing... I'm very curious.

#1849 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
                  • 458 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

ElDorado2012-

My fiance and I are both certified scuba divers, as well as some of our family and friends, we are planning on taking a scuba trip together (we are all paying for our own excursions; we are not paying for everyone to go on an excursion if that is what you were asking).

When I was there for my cousins wedding in 2010, no one our 55 person group went to check out the bar scene elsewhere. I guess we all figured that we had already paid for all the alcohol we could want, so we didnt want to go pay for it elsewhere. I think a couple of people went to see the ruins at Tulum and a couple went to a small bazaar to do some shopping, but they did mention that the sales people were VERY pushy.

We just went through our final payment period, so I know how you feel about people pulling out last minute

Are any of you ladies planning excursions (snorkeling, archeological, etc) for your trip, or planning on going out to Playa or Cancun to check out the bar scene any of the nights you are there (or perhaps you have done this on a previous trip)? I have some questions, so I'm just curious...

We just had two more guests fall out today (and I sort of expect more to once payment in full comes due next month). So disappointing...

Lastly, is everyone playing an ipod for the ceremony, or did anyone reserve the classical guitarist?

#1850 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
                    • 458 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

They too told us that our photographer/guest would need to stay a minimum of 3 nights for them to waive the fee, so we are in the clear as well.

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 

If you use your own photographer, you will have to pay the outside vendor fee which I believe is either $500 or $800 (I know, ridiculous). The only way around this is if that individual stays at the resort for 3+ nights. If they do, the fee is waived. Our photographer is staying the required amount of nights, so luckily we won't have to pay that fee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter