Photo

Local Mexican Gift Bags for Guests

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 NorthernGirl

NorthernGirl
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

Anyone know of a local shop that does up "Mexican" guest gift bags?

I can't find the name but heard there is a place that will do up bags filled with 3 of the following: Mexican candies, Tequila, Hot Sauce, Kahlua

Thanks!

#12 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
    • Banned
    • 313 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:53 PM

I love the idea but haven't heard of anyone that does that!
      Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#13 lalanyc

lalanyc
      • 363 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

I bet you can make them yourself quite easily w/ a quick trip to the local Walmart or Costco in Cancun! Might be worth asking your wedding coordinator. The trick would be finding a "Mexican" bag... perhaps at a local souvenir shop? I love the idea, btw!

#14 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
        • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

I would love to find a place that would put these together for you too! I did find this website that has cute little sombreros that you could put on the bottles.

Amols' Specialty - Catalog - 4" Mexico Sombrero

#15 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
          • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

Does anyone have any ideas of other "Mexican" foods to include in a bag like she is describing above??

#16 NorthernGirl

NorthernGirl
            • 30 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the ideas!

We are going to get them thru the resort hopefully or thru Mexican Convention Service. If this doesn't turn out I will be hitting the local walmart!

Also getting either maracas from Mishka Designs (although I believe its only a good option if you are near Puerto Vallarta

- to "Shake at the Kiss"
              http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Jtt8Qgru2gw/SwHQDAozSrI/AAAAAAAADJo/8XDRFfwD_kw/s400/Emily.01.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mishkadesignspv.blogspot.com/&usg=__rH85PSuYbT9InruHXrShfz7F-PQ=&h=298&w=400&sz=28&hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=ZpP RTSxoOrOgBM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmishka%2Bdesigns%2Bmaracas%26hl%3Den% 26rlz%3D1T4DACA_enCA216CA216%26um%3D1

or Fans from Weddingchannel.com

Buy Wedding Personalized Sandalwood Fan - Wedding Personalized Sandalwood Fan Online - Discount Wedding Personalized Sandalwood Fan

Attached Files

#17 Emmers

Emmers
              • 178 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:45 PM

Very cute ideas. I'm planning on embracing the Mexican theme as well. Along the lines of the maraca theme, I was thinking of having them shake it at the kiss or as we walked down the aisle...in place of rice, bubbles, etc. My mom had also suggested using tortilla holders (you know those little round containers for tortillas) for the OOT bags in place of a bag. Then just throw all the OOT items in that and wrap it up. Not sure yet.

#18 mbarnes04

mbarnes04
                • 194 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

I love the maraca idea a lot!!

#19 Emmers

Emmers
                  • 178 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

I agree. I think the maracas would be a great item for the OOT bags. Or, for something to attach to the place cards. Or even on the table as an accent. It could be a favor/table decoration.

#20 bridej9

bridej9
                    • 180 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:01 AM

I think that is what I'm going to do.... Buy the maracas in Mexico and use them as a place setting. Although I do like the idea of guests shaking them as we walk out. Either way I think purchasing them in Mexico means I don't have to travel with them and it is more authentic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter