Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4865 replies to this topic

#2471 CarlaN

CarlaN
  • Newbie
  • 26 posts

    Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

    Thanks everyone! All your info really helps. I will make sure the fee is taken care of before the wedding day so we are all good! :)



    #2472 Meggers7484

    Meggers7484
    • Jr. Member
    • 315 posts

      Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

      The photogs were able to eat and drink because we paid for them as wedding guests which you will have to do as well unless you want them to leave the reception to go to the buffet.

      #2473 michelle2011

      michelle2011
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,301 posts

        Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:55 AM



        Originally Posted by Brenners 

        That is awful.  Did you use a TA or did you organize the travel arrangements on your own?
         



         



        We booked through a TA but i requested the rooms myself via the WC at the Palace!

         



        #2474 Meggers7484

        Meggers7484
        • Jr. Member
        • 315 posts

          Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

          Michelle the same thing happened to us! I have a brother with a mental disability that causes him to get lost very easily. I had asked repeatedly that all our guests be in the same area so that everyone could chip in to keep an eye on my brother. At the very least he needed to be near my mom. Well when we got there, not only were we in a crappy room in the wrong building with a view of a bush, but our guests were spread out all over the resort and they had lost the reservation for my mom!! I was furious!!!! I called and lost it on Grecia. She did her best to fix it but since the hotel was so booked up nearly all of my guests had to take rooms with 2 double beds instead of a king, how is that for romantic! We were staying for two weeks and though we qualified for a premium room upgrade, they would only give it to us for our second week, meaning we would have to switch rooms again on the wedding day. We had way too much stuff with us to move for a third time so we said screw it and stayed in the pool view room that Grecia had us moved to after I complained. Again, with the sheer amount of money/volume weddings bring to the resort, you think they would bend over backwards to accomodate them!



          #2475 Brenners

          Brenners
          • Member
          • 807 posts

            Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

            So you included them in your total guest numbers?
             

            Originally Posted by Meggers7484 

            The photogs were able to eat and drink because we paid for them as wedding guests which you will have to do as well unless you want them to leave the reception to go to the buffet.


             



            #2476 Meggers7484

            Meggers7484
            • Jr. Member
            • 315 posts

              Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

              In the spreadsheet we filled in there was a spot to fill in photog info, so I put them in there.

               

              I'm so excited! We were lucky enough to have Del Sol do our TTD session, and they blogged our shoot! If anyone is interested in seeing the posting it's at http://delsolphotogr...-by-Sol-Tamargo



              #2477 Brenners

              Brenners
              • Member
              • 807 posts

                Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

                I LOVE Del Sol - I will have to check it out!
                 

                Originally Posted by Meggers7484 

                In the spreadsheet we filled in there was a spot to fill in photog info, so I put them in there.

                 

                I'm so excited! We were lucky enough to have Del Sol do our TTD session, and they blogged our shoot! If anyone is interested in seeing the posting it's at http://delsolphotogr...-by-Sol-Tamargo



                 



                #2478 CarlaN

                CarlaN
                • Newbie
                • 26 posts

                  Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

                  LOVE your pictures!!! I love Del Sol as well.. Fantastic shots. 



                  #2479 michelle2011

                  michelle2011
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,301 posts

                    Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:00 AM



                    Originally Posted by Meggers7484 

                    Michelle the same thing happened to us! I have a brother with a mental disability that causes him to get lost very easily. I had asked repeatedly that all our guests be in the same area so that everyone could chip in to keep an eye on my brother. At the very least he needed to be near my mom. Well when we got there, not only were we in a crappy room in the wrong building with a view of a bush, but our guests were spread out all over the resort and they had lost the reservation for my mom!! I was furious!!!! I called and lost it on Grecia. She did her best to fix it but since the hotel was so booked up nearly all of my guests had to take rooms with 2 double beds instead of a king, how is that for romantic! We were staying for two weeks and though we qualified for a premium room upgrade, they would only give it to us for our second week, meaning we would have to switch rooms again on the wedding day. We had way too much stuff with us to move for a third time so we said screw it and stayed in the pool view room that Grecia had us moved to after I complained. Again, with the sheer amount of money/volume weddings bring to the resort, you think they would bend over backwards to accomodate them!



                    OMG that is terrible. They also offered us an ocean view upgrade on the wedding day for our second week but they said the room was the same as we were in so we didn't bother moving. Especially having 2 children with us to move around. I suppose they see it as they have 1000's of weddings and 'ours' is no more special than anyone else's. We see it much differently and it really upset the start of our holiday! The front desk supervisor was so rude to us! We didnt feel we were getting the treatment we deserved. Ok they have alot of weddings at the hotel but we and our friends and families like yours paid alot of money to stay there and i think also they should have been bending over backwards to please us! No such luck.

                     

                    LOVE your TTD photos. Absolutely stunning!!!

                     



                    #2480 Matt Adcock

                    Matt Adcock

                      Diamond Vendor

                    • Insiders
                    • 1,243 posts

                      Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:55 PM


                      Thank you Megan for posting this here, I know the BDWF community appreciates your input and certainly values your experience.   We are so happy you are in love with you "AMAZING LOVE STORY"... wow!

                       

                      Saludos amiga!

                      matt

                      Originally Posted by Meggers7484 

                      In the spreadsheet we filled in there was a spot to fill in photog info, so I put them in there.

                       

                      I'm so excited! We were lucky enough to have Del Sol do our TTD session, and they blogged our shoot! If anyone is interested in seeing the posting it's at http://delsolphotogr...-by-Sol-Tamargo



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter