Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4878 replies to this topic

#2141 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

I know I am completely flooding this thread right now but I can't contain my excitement ..... just got email confirmation from the hotel about my date so now I can start moving ahead with plans. Wish my fiance was home as I am bouncing off the walls with excitement!!

#2142 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
    • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

Hello ladies,

Anyone have the breakdown of the differences between the features of each of the 5 hotels at Barcelo Maya?

I am creating my Wedding Website and under "Resort Information" I have listed the 5 hotels within the resort but want to provide information on each.

Anyone have this handy?
      Thanks!

I don't have anything that I can actually send you, but I know there's a website called Unofficial Barcelo Maya and it has lots of great info about all of the resorts in the Barcelo complex.  Restaurants, activities, etc. There is a resort map on there too.

#2143 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
      • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

I know I am completely flooding this thread right now but I can't contain my excitement ..... just got email confirmation from the hotel about my date so now I can start moving ahead with plans. Wish my fiance was home as I am bouncing off the walls with excitement!!

Yay!! Very exciting!

Happy planning :)

#2144 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
        • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Clean122 

yay I'm leaving tomorrow morning for mexico I can't wait! Yuppie!

Have a fantasic time!!

7 1/2 weeks before we leave!  I'm getting so excited.

We have Ivan Luckie booked as our photographer too.

Let us know how everything goes :)

#2145 nmurch

nmurch
          • 396 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

hey everyone!!

just got back from our wedding at Barcelo Colonial, in a nut shell it was an amazing day! Claudia was our WC and she was srsly, amazing. i cant wait to post my review i will do that in a couple days, just a note for everyone leaving soon, DONT STRESS they did 60 weddings in the last 2 weeks, srsly they are pros!! congrats to all the future brides i'll post my review shortly!... i had my wedding at playa azul for ceremony & reception :)

here a a couple of pics from guests i'm sure i'll have my photos from ivan luckie very soon!!!!!! ( sorry they arnt in order :) )

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg5.jpg

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#2146 michelle2011

michelle2011
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

Aww congratulations. You looked amazing. So glad it all went well. :o)

#2147 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
              • 82 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:34 PM

You look beautiful!! Can't wait to read about all the details in your review.  We have Ivan Luckie booked for our wedding as well so looking forward to seeing some of your pics.  We leave in 50 days...YAY!!

#2148 silvajen

silvajen
                • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

Hello Girls! So I just emailed my coordinator Victoria about bringing an outside Dj (Dj Mannia) and she told me that we would have to pay $100 per hour to have him. Has anyone else heard about this? I think this is crazy to charge this amount of money to bring a Dj. Let me know, thanks!

Also does anyone know if there is a fee for bringing in a florist? Does anyone have any suggestions of who I should look into?

Do any of you have pictures or any information on the florist that Barcelo provides?

I have never been to the resort so I am just going off of pictures... can anyone tell me where I should say I would like my reception (on the beach)? I think think there are a few different spots I can choose correct... does anyone have pictures of these different areas?

Please let me know on all this, I can use all the help I can get... I am getting married at the end of April, it's coming sooo fast! EEKKKK!

Thanks girls, happy planning to all

#2149 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

You're pictures are fab! Can't wait to see the ones from Ivan and looking forward to reading your review! Delighted all went smoothly for you and that you had a great day. Congrats!

#2150 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
                    • 82 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by silvajen 

Hello Girls! So I just emailed my coordinator Victoria about bringing an outside Dj (Dj Mannia) and she told me that we would have to pay $100 per hour to have him. Has anyone else heard about this? I think this is crazy to charge this amount of money to bring a Dj. Let me know, thanks!

Also does anyone know if there is a fee for bringing in a florist? Does anyone have any suggestions of who I should look into?

Do any of you have pictures or any information on the florist that Barcelo provides?

I have never been to the resort so I am just going off of pictures... can anyone tell me where I should say I would like my reception (on the beach)? I think think there are a few different spots I can choose correct... does anyone have pictures of these different areas?

Please let me know on all this, I can use all the help I can get... I am getting married at the end of April, it's coming sooo fast! EEKKKK!

Thanks girls, happy planning to all

I think I can help you on a few of these questions.

I have some pictures of the flowers that they offer at the resort.  Also I have some pictures of the beach locations for the reception.  There's Playa Azul which is at the far end of the resort in front of Barcelo Maya Beach.  The pictures that nmurch posted on the previous page are of Playa Azul. There's Palmeras beach which is in front of the Colonial/Tropical. And there's Coral beach which is in front of the Palace.  If you PM me your email address I will send them to you. I also have pictures of some of the centerpieces that they offer.

Mel :) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter