Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4878 replies to this topic

#1231 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,301 posts

    Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:32 AM

    Monica - Wow your photos are beautiful. You looked stunning, so romantic! The setting is lovely. It just makes me want to go NOW!!

    It's so frustrating as the flights are not out for May 2011 yet so we are having to wait! :o(

    I had an email from Victoria Robledo today. Has anyone else heard from her? I've had 3 emails from the hotel about info and every time it's somebody different.

    My friend got married at Iberostar Maya last May and she used the Photocaribbean photographer (based at the hotel) and her photos are gorgeous to. We are thinking of using them and hope our photos will be as nice!

    #1232 michelle2011

    michelle2011
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,301 posts

      Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:38 AM

      Oh and which package did you have Monica? Sorry if you've explained already.........

      #1233 elisha0607

      elisha0607
      • Newbie
      • 56 posts

        Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christabella
        Elisha,

        To the best of my knowledge the photographer rules have changed since SoontobeMHeikkinen was married. Since then we ladies have been forced to book our photographers a room for the night so they are considered a guest.
        I will be trying this in April. Wish me luck!
        Are you bringing a photographer from home or using a local vendor? I contacted photogrpaher "Claudia Rodriguez" and she basically said she wouldnt consider staying overnight bc Barcelo strongly prohibits outside photographers. I am waiting to get a quote from DelSol. Does anyone have their price list?
        Thanks, Elisha

        #1234 elisha0607

        elisha0607
        • Newbie
        • 56 posts

          Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by michelle2011
          Monica - Wow your photos are beautiful. You looked stunning, so romantic! The setting is lovely. It just makes me want to go NOW!!

          It's so frustrating as the flights are not out for May 2011 yet so we are having to wait! :o(

          I had an email from Victoria Robledo today. Has anyone else heard from her? I've had 3 emails from the hotel about info and every time it's somebody different.

          My friend got married at Iberostar Maya last May and she used the Photocaribbean photographer (based at the hotel) and her photos are gorgeous to. We are thinking of using them and hope our photos will be as nice!
          Hi Christabella, My coordinator is Victoria as well. I dont think they assign you someone specific until you send them the confirmation of your booked trip. Glag to hear that the pics from photocarribean came out nice! Their package is defiantely a GREAT price.

          #1235 Maegan606

          Maegan606
          • Newbie
          • 115 posts

            Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:31 PM

            Has anyone had or arranged for "specialty drinks"? I would love to have margaritas in our wedding colors- turquoise and fuschia?
            ~Maegan

            #1236 FutureMrs.D

            FutureMrs.D
            • Jr. Member
            • 191 posts

              Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maegan606
              Has anyone had or arranged for "specialty drinks"? I would love to have margaritas in our wedding colors- turquoise and fuschia?
              Hi Maegan!
              I had asked my WC Gabriela to have a signature drink in my wedding color, purple, instead of the champagne toast.. she said they could do it, no problem.. mine would probably be a martini of some sort.. but I'll need to re-confirm this with her since I had asked her about this a few months ago...

              #1237 Christabella

              Christabella
              • Newbie
              • 29 posts

                Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

                Hi Elisha,
                I am hiring a local photographer and have rented a room for them. They told me they have done this at the Barcelo one other time and it worked out. I am praying it goes well for me. I really want these photos to work out!

                #1238 Party_girl_98

                Party_girl_98
                • Newbie
                • 6 posts

                  Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

                  Thanks for the feedback! I wonder how often Claudia actually does the WC as opposed to Gabriella.

                  #1239 MrsC-to-Be

                  MrsC-to-Be
                  • Newbie
                  • 78 posts

                    Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

                    I havent gotten a hold of a WC yet- anyone else have a hard time getting the first email going I emailed weddings1@barcelomaya.com, its been about a week now I will try calling soon-anyone have any suggestions??

                    #1240 elisha0607

                    elisha0607
                    • Newbie
                    • 56 posts

                      Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Christabella
                      Hi Elisha,
                      I am hiring a local photographer and have rented a room for them. They told me they have done this at the Barcelo one other time and it worked out. I am praying it goes well for me. I really want these photos to work out!
                      Can I ask what photographer you are using? and if their packages are reasonable?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter