ceiba del mar hotel and spa

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#21 dailycandy

dailycandy
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Hi All,
    I booked my wedding 9/09 at Ceiba Del mar, the WC Denise & Nayeli is great to work with, they are very sweet and helpful. as well as the florist they referal to, andrea is supper too. Just can't wait. I will tell you more when I get there :)

#22 ask9999

ask9999
    • 82 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

question for other Ceiba brides-- I tried several times to email Nayeli today and it bounced back. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

THanks,
      Ari

#23 ask9999

ask9999
      • 82 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:28 PM

Also- Are any of you trying to organize any excursions for your guests while there? If so, what companies are you using. I am thinking about doing a sunset sail or snorkel. Thanks

#24 nicitica

nicitica
        • 186 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

My good friend was married here in June with 65 guests. They loved it! I was unable to attend only bc my best friend's wedding was the week prior in Puerto Rico. However, I have seen pics and talked to friends and family who attended and did not hear one negative. I am actually planning to book 4-5 nights here for our honeymoon after our wedding in Akumal. One note. my friend did mention that everything was a charge... tables, dj, etc.. everything is a fee, just like if you were doing the wedding yourself through multiple vendors. Not sure if other resorts have all inclusive wedding packages. I know they were pleased overall with how everything turned out. Also, they were able to negotiate on the room rates for guests and got a great deal. I recommend negotiating if you are there during a slower season. Good luck! And let me know if any of you travel there since I'm planning our honeymoon stay there. :o) Thanks! Nicole
          Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

#25 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ask9999
            question for other Ceiba brides-- I tried several times to email Nayeli today and it bounced back. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

THanks,
            Ari
            Nayelli is NO longer with Ceiba. Please direct all your inquiries to Denise.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is a view from one of the Penthouse suites...Vanessa is our model :)

With such a tiny wedding, we highly recommend the end of the pier (no under the palapa because lighting is difficult underneath when its bright outside... also why we recommend dusk light.

You can see how beautiful the dusk light is here...just wowser!

Hope this helps visualize the spot!

#26 amybermuda

amybermuda
            • 870 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Gorgeous pics! Thanks Matt

I would have picked there had it not been so much easier at other resorts to plan.

#27 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amybermuda
                Gorgeous pics! Thanks Matt

I would have picked there had it not been so much easier at other resorts to plan.

Thanks for the nice comment about our photos :)

Bummer it was tough to plan there. I wonder what they could have done differently or if you have any suggestions (in case they are listening) as to how they can woo more guests. We really love it there.

I needed to add, not only does Ceiba have a killer dock location, but there beach is also a great spot for weddings as well and they have multiple reception locations that are indoors / outdoors as well. Hopefully, we will get to spend a few nights there soon enough so we can work on our commercial folio of images of the location... As they say: coming soon eh?

Saludos,
                mateo

#28 lucy_goosey

lucy_goosey
                • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hi there group!
                  Can anyone please tell me what makeup/hair person or salon you used? Did you go through the hotel spa or a separate source?
                  Thanks!

#29 dailycandy

dailycandy
                  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:43 AM

Hello Lucy,
                    I had my wedding at ceiba del mar and i did my own make up and hair. But you would ask Denise she will refer you to some one who do great job on the make up & hair. Denise is very helpful and the hotel service is really really good. you will also get great great photo out of this location, very romantic, peaceful, it is a germ.

#30 ask9999

ask9999
                    • 82 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

Question for Ceiba Brides- Did all of your guests stay at the hotel? I am looking for some hotel or guest house options nearby and was wonderign if you could recommend any?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter