Jump to content

Photo

Boycott El Dorado Royale & Karisma Resorts-UPDATE policy REVISED!


  • Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#151 BandE2008

BandE2008
  • Jr. Member
  • 228 posts

    Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

    Can we take this boycott down yet since EDR changed their policies etc?

    #152 jennik13

    jennik13
    • Newbie
    • 118 posts

      Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

      WHAT they changed their policies? please explain and de-stress me!

      my fiance and i want to get married at azul sensatori but this outside photographer thing is driving me nuts. we won a contest for free photography and signed a contract so we really can't budge with that, nor do we want to.

      Category Archive for ‘Contests and Goodies’ at Rowell Photography
      we are story number 1.

      jenni

      #153 JHarwood2Be

      JHarwood2Be
      • Member
      • 687 posts

        Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

        Your photographer can photograph your wedding at Azul for a $500 fee or 3 night stay for the photographer.
        Congratulations on winning the contest!
        Photography by Tamm's Photos
        http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

        #154 jennik13

        jennik13
        • Newbie
        • 118 posts

          Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

          ok so the policies haven't been changed. BandE2008 what are you referring to? JHarwood2Be - did you decide on music yet? I am interested in your plans as you seem to have it all together!

          going nuts here
          jenni

          #155 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jennik13
            ok so the policies haven't been changed. BandE2008 what are you referring to? JHarwood2Be - did you decide on music yet? I am interested in your plans as you seem to have it all together!

            going nuts here
            jenni
            they were worse for a while. at one point you had to pay the $500 fee even if the photographer was booked at the resort

            #156 BandE2008

            BandE2008
            • Jr. Member
            • 228 posts

              Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

              For a while they upped it to 3 night s stay AND $500 ....
              now they are honoring the origional $500 OR 3 night stay.
              PLUS they are now offering more photographers to choose from INCLUDED with the package where you don't have to pay extra. One of those people are even Claudia Rodregiez who is incredible.

              #157 rodent

              rodent

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

                Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by BandE2008
                For a while they upped it to 3 night s stay AND $500 ....
                now they are honoring the origional $500 OR 3 night stay.
                PLUS they are now offering more photographers to choose from INCLUDED with the package where you don't have to pay extra. One of those people are even Claudia Rodregiez who is incredible.
                but, claudia charges more for an EDR bride. Shounds like she charges $900 more so it's even worse than the $500 fee. so they are still charging the fee, it's probably just her paying it.

                #158 JHarwood2Be

                JHarwood2Be
                • Member
                • 687 posts

                  Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jennik13
                  ok so the policies haven't been changed. BandE2008 what are you referring to? JHarwood2Be - did you decide on music yet? I am interested in your plans as you seem to have it all together!

                  going nuts here
                  jenni
                  Hahaha....I haven't decided on anything really. I go back and forth about dj vs ipod just about everyday. And then there's the decision about spending the big bucks for a mariachi.
                  I have 8 months....plenty of time right?

                  Morgan, that is super crappy about Claudia photo. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that. I wonder if for a $5000 fee they'd allow Del Sol ?
                  Photography by Tamm's Photos
                  http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

                  #159 adias.angel

                  adias.angel
                  • Member
                  • 719 posts

                    Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    but, claudia charges more for an EDR bride. Shounds like she charges $900 more so it's even worse than the $500 fee. so they are still charging the fee, it's probably just her paying it.
                    100% correct. They are passing the cost off to the photographer.

                    Please also remember the Del Sol photography is still banned. I really appreciated this thread because we have to book the hotel before we book Del Sol. Had I not read this I never would have known. I would have been devastated if we had booked the resort and then found out about the ban. Being a new bride on here I can only imagine this happening to other new brides just joining the forum.

                    #160 27 desses

                    27 desses
                    • Newbie
                    • 63 posts

                      Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

                      Hi Girls,

                      My other half and I just went to a wedding show this weekend and a station was there for El Dorado & Karisma Resorts. We thought it looked amazing!
                      Have you heard anything bad about these resorts? We were not planning on flying in a photographer.
                      Are the photographers crappy there?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter