Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#2711 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by lianee 

Looks like I will be getting married at the Now Sapphire on January 19, 2012!  So excited!

I am waiting to hear back but one of our picks was January 20th, I am assuming it is probably booked. April 13 was alreay booked out. I probably won't hear for a while though :(

#2712 MNtoMX

MNtoMX
    • 115 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

And congratulations on securing your date! That can make things seem a little bit more settled :)

#2713 RFinger

RFinger
      • 64 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

I am also looking at this resort. Was originally going with Now Jade but our original date is open at Now Sapphire but now we may change our date so we just have to choose between now jade and now sapphire. The hibachi place at now sapphire intrigued me but I read reviews that it was bad.

#2714 82turtles

82turtles
        • 297 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

It's a tough choice picking a resort. I think the main difference between the two are in look and feel. The Jade is more upscale modern while the Sapphire is more authentic-Mexican.

I picked the Sapphire over the Jade for two reasons -- mainly I wanted that Mexican look since we traveled there for a reason, and also my group pricing came back MUCH lower at Sapphire. I don't have the exact numbers anymore, but it was close to $300-400 more at Jade over the Sapphire for a 6 night stay for our guests. That was the ultimate determining factor as we were trying to make this an affordable trip for our family and friends. No idea why there was such a huge difference in price between the resorts for the same dates, especially since their standard rates are the same. If you haven't gotten a quote on what the cost will be for your guests, perhaps that can help you decide as it did for me!

Good luck picking!

Originally Posted by RFinger 

I am also looking at this resort. Was originally going with Now Jade but our original date is open at Now Sapphire but now we may change our date so we just have to choose between now jade and now sapphire. The hibachi place at now sapphire intrigued me but I read reviews that it was bad.

#2715 RFinger

RFinger
          • 64 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

It's a tough choice picking a resort. I think the main difference between the two are in look and feel. The Jade is more upscale modern while the Sapphire is more authentic-Mexican.

I picked the Sapphire over the Jade for two reasons -- mainly I wanted that Mexican look since we traveled there for a reason, and also my group pricing came back MUCH lower at Sapphire. I don't have the exact numbers anymore, but it was close to $300-400 more at Jade over the Sapphire for a 6 night stay for our guests. That was the ultimate determining factor as we were trying to make this an affordable trip for our family and friends. No idea why there was such a huge difference in price between the resorts for the same dates, especially since their standard rates are the same. If you haven't gotten a quote on what the cost will be for your guests, perhaps that can help you decide as it did for me!

Good luck picking!

I am waiting for the quote from Sapphire so hopefully it is lower as it was for your group. When did you go?

#2716 AmyG

AmyG
            • 189 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

LOL, RFinger I just wrote to you on the 2012 brides thread telling you about this thread....haha sorry....I guess disregard that since you are already following his one!   :-)

-Amy

I am waiting for the quote from Sapphire so hopefully it is lower as it was for your group. When did you go?

#2717 RFinger

RFinger
              • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:52 AM

LOL, RFinger I just wrote to you on the 2012 brides thread telling you about this thread....haha sorry....I guess disregard that since you are already following his one!   :-)

-Amy

Ha ha yah I was hoping there was a newer one that said Now Sapphire and was more active.

#2718 82turtles

82turtles
                • 297 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Haven't gone yet actually.. Our wedding is this November 12th. Which will be here wayyy before I'm ready for it!!

#2719 82turtles

82turtles
                  • 297 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, I asked the moderators to rename the thread a while ago, but either none of them saw it or they didn't want to change the name. No idea since I didn't get a reply! I was hoping that having it renamed would draw all the new brides to this thread, since some people may not know that it was recently changed from a Paradisus.

I think most of us Sapphire brides probably also follow the "The Now Riviera Cancun" thread, but it would be nice if more people would post on this one, too! The other one gets to be very Jade-specific sometimes. Glad you found this thread though!

Ha ha yah I was hoping there was a newer one that said Now Sapphire and was more active.

#2720 AmyG

AmyG
                    • 189 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for making an attempt to change the thread name 82turtles!!  Hopefully they can change it one day.  

I do follow the other Now Riviera Cancun thread and they are very 'Jade Specific'.  I will always consider this one the Best!!  :-)

I also try to let other Now Sapphire brides know about this one....I know it has helped me out sooo much!

Originally Posted by 82turtles 

Yeah, I asked the moderators to rename the thread a while ago, but either none of them saw it or they didn't want to change the name. No idea since I didn't get a reply! I was hoping that having it renamed would draw all the new brides to this thread, since some people may not know that it was recently changed from a Paradisus.

I think most of us Sapphire brides probably also follow the "The Now Riviera Cancun" thread, but it would be nice if more people would post on this one, too! The other one gets to be very Jade-specific sometimes. Glad you found this thread though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter